Interlude Chapter 3: Special Case

You walked around Inazuma city for an early morning stroll. You breathed in the scent of the morning breeze and felt the early sunlight on your exposed skin. You thought to yourself that today seemed like a perfect day to perhaps do something enjoyable and fun.

You then continued your stroll all the way to Hanamizaka and indulged yourself in the pleasant view of the city as you slowly descended down the stairs. You've passed by this area hundreds- if not, thousands of times since your first residency in this city, and yet you still find it as beautiful as the first time you laid your eyes on it.

You were looking upon your right side to see the Yae Publishing House already open this early, then you thought of checking for any new novels to reach. 

But before you could even approach the establishment, someone suddenly grabbed you by the arm, tugged you and covered your mouth as they snatched you away from the scene.

***

Heizou's POV

I went over to the bridge near the station as I took a moment to admire the view of the sunrise. I can understand why y/n is fond of waking up this early. Getting the chance to see the early morning sun rising feels quite relaxing.

I soon then finished gazing at the view and was about to take a stroll around the city myself. It was then I caught a glimpse of y/n walking up ahead on the streets.

I thought if I should follow her quietly or call her. After a minute of thinking, I decided to surprise her, and could not help but snicker at the thought. I wonder what her reaction will be this time?

Decided to keep up the pace while maintaining a distance, can't allow myself to be detected after all.

She soon headed down to Hanamizaka as I continued to follow her quietly. Perhaps she plans on buying a new novel at the publishing house? Can't say I'm surprised.

As I was about to descend down the stairs, I only looked away for a second or two.

The next thing I knew is that she was suddenly out of sight.

"...Huh? y/n?" I blinked for a moment then looked around. How did she just disappear in mere seconds? It's doubtful that she had sensed my presence and ran away, neither would it be possible for her to be unseen while running on the streets.

I quickly got to the bottom of the stairs and looked around from every corner of the area. Strange, but somehow intriguing.

Wait no, Heizou, focus. Y/n could potentially be in danger.

But how can this be? I only took her out of my sights for mere seconds and it's like she disappeared into thin air. Hmm, I should get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.

I began to search the area for clues, at least a footprint or a mark would help. Unfortunately, since the ground here is made of stone, there aren't any footprints or marks to take note of.

I pondered, holding my chin while lost in deep thought. "Something's amiss"

My eyes wandered around for a while then it finally occurred to me. If I can't find any visible traces of her, might as well find traces of her vision!

I tried to use elemental sight and just as I expected, there was a faint trace of Dendro here but aside from that, there's also trace of Electro. Someone with an Electro vision must've taken y/n.

Well, at least I got myself a lead now, all that's left is to follow it and hunt down the culprit. No one can take y/n away, not on my intuition at least.