Interlude Chapter 1: Heated

[This event occurs after Chapter 3 Act I]

***

"Oh archons, why the heck is it so hot today??"

You immediately slammed the windows open, then you turned to look at your senior colleagues who were also struggling to fight the heat while fanning themselves on their chairs.

"Sangooo, I think we should all go out for some shaved ice.." Ryuuji whined, poor guy is melting over his seat. Sango may seem to be in better state than he is, but even you could tell that the heat is still getting to her.

"Hmm... I guess we could—"

The door suddenly opened wide, with a man panting and sweating so much due to the heat that this country is facing today. He seemed to be looking for someone, is he a client perhaps?

"I-Is this... the Bantan Sango Detective Agency?" He said while pausing in between to catch his breath. Your female senior then stood up from her seat.

"Yes, is there a problem you'd like to share with us? Please have a seat"

"I-it's urgent actually! Please come with me, hurry!" The man quickly rushed off.

"Ah, sir-" She sighed and turned to look at you and Ryuuji. "I'll go and see what's this guy's deal. You two watch over the agency" She then immediately rushed out to follow the man.

You just blinked right where you stood as you couldn't progress how fast things went in just one moment.

"And there she goes... Do you have any plans today, y/n?" Your other senior colleague turned to look at you.

"Well, yeah actually- I'm gonna be buying some shaved ice soon" You glanced away as you lightly scratched your cheek. You then heard him hum as a response. "A-anyways, I'll be heading out now or they might be all out of order when I get there-" You quickly scurried off to the door.

"I see, I see.. Send my regards to Heizou for me!" He chirped, which startled you and made you clumsily trip by the exit.

"I-It's not like that!!" You could feel your face getting hotter and redder as you immediately recovered your composure and fixed yourself.

"Haha.. don't worry, I won't tell Sango about this. Go have fun" He then lightly waved at you while you just pouted a bit and ran off.

It's true that you had planned on buying some shaved ice to cool yourself up, but it wasn't a lie that you and a certain redhead detective have a meet-up scheduled by the bridge later at noon. Since it is still around 10am, you have about an hour or two to stroll around and enjoy some cold food and drinks.

You soon arrived at the Kiminami Restaurant and luckily for you, it isn't packed with customers yet so you managed to get yourself a seat. "Miss Kiminami, do you have any shaved ice available today??" I turned my attention to Kiminami Anna, the owner of the restaurant as she was busy making shaved ice. She seemed to have heard me as she paused and turned around. "Oh, miss l/n! Unfortunately, this is my last batch of shaved ice.. it's reserved for—"

"Hello Miss Kiminami, is my shaved ice ready yet?" You heard a familiar soothing voice standing right beside you as he had placed his hand over your shoulder. It startled you for a moment before you turned and see who it was, and to your surprise, his olive eyes softly glanced down at you along with a light grin. "Looks like we have our meet-up scheduled pretty early today, y/n~"