Chapter 6 Act IV

You thought to yourself for a moment, 'How did it come to this?'

You were laying down beneath a certain redhead, he was on all fours while hovering over you. The both of you were so physically close to each other that you could actually feel his warm breath. You tried to avoid making eye contact with him but you can't help that you try to steal a glance at him once in a while, and once you do, you noticed how red the detective's face was and you caught a glimpse of the tip of his ears turning red as well. It seems that he's also trying to avoid eye contact, to which you find it a bit cute that he has this side to him.

You tried to slightly move your body a bit since your current position is slowly getting uncomfortable, but Heizou suddenly leaned close to you and you froze as your cheeks are getting hotter.

"Don't move" He whispered as he directly stared into your eyes. You ended up staying still as you were told, bearing the discomfort for a little longer.

For context in this scenario, let's backtrack to a few hours ago.

.

.

.

"A theft case?"

You leaned over next to the detective as he was holding a case file.

Inside the file was a case of theft. The victim was a young noblewoman of the name Hirogane Akane. Apparently, the victim had her family heirloom stolen which is a 500-year old pendant made of magic crystal ore and crystal cores. As you were reading the file, you thought for a moment on how expensive that relic would be if it were to be sold in the market.

Heizou closed the case file and turned to you. "Let's go pay a visit to Ms. Hirogane, she might have more information regarding this matter" You nodded as you both made your way to the Hirogane Estate.

Upon your arrival, the both of you were greeted by some servants who said to wait for their mistress' arrival. You both obliged and waited in the lobby. It didn't take long before the young noblewoman made her appearance and went to greet you and the detective. She had silky brown hair with alluring blue eyes that matches the color of her silk-made yukata.

"Detective Shikanoin, I'm really grateful for your help on this matter... And this is..?" After softly smiling while greeting the redhead detective, she slowly turned her head to you.

You quickly fixed yourself, stood straight and politely bowed as a greeting. "l/n y/n, I'm—"

"—She's my fellow co-detective" Heizou suddenly interrupted as the woman reverted her attention back at him.

"O-oh is that so? I apologize then, I didn't expect that a detective of your caliber would... bring an assistant. I'll have her room prepared right away"

"Ah- before that, we would like to ask you more information regarding the stolen heirloom, if you don't mind?" He quickly suggested before Akane would leave the lobby, she then nodded as a response.

"Alright then, I don't mind" She sat down on a nearby chair and gestured the both of you to sit on the couch right in front of her.

The both of you sat down then you took out your notebook and pen.

"First things first, we would like to know more about the heirloom and where it was last seen" He started asking his question as you both had your attention on Akane. The noblewoman was calm and collected upon giving her answer.

"The heirloom is a pendant in the shape of a Camellia flower. It has always been a family rule to leave it in the family vault if the inheritor doesn't plan on wearing it" You took notes on the details as you were listening.