Chapter 7 Act II

Upon arriving at the plaza, to your surprise, it was quite crowded. So many people were gathering in front of the statue and your curious nature wanted to see what's going on.

"Excuse me-" You tried to squeeze right through into the crowd as the detective followed behind you. When you both finally got through, you managed to see a bard in a green palette of style as the center of attention. He had a pair of emerald eyes that matches the color of his clothes and twin braids with cyan-colored ends that highlights his dark hair. You were instantly familiar of the bard as you've watched his performance so many times back then. Now the bard right in front of you is currently giving everyone a lesson about something.

"Alright, that's about the basics of making a love poem. Everyone, I want to you all to try and make a love poem using the basics I've taught you, I'll come personally to check on your work later on along with your tuition fee. Can't wait to see what kind of creativity you all have brewed up ehe~" The bard then dismissed the crowd as everyone then finally went to make their leave.

"Venti!" You went up to the green bard as everything has gone a bit quieter.

"Oh! Why if it isn't y/n! Your free-spirited soul has finally returned back home~!"

"Haha... A lot of things happened over the past year.." You sheepishly scratched the back of your head. "Anyways-" You introduced the redhead detective to him. "This is Heizou, a friend of mine from Inazuma"

"Why hello there young lad! I'm Venti, the greatest bard of Mondstadt" He reached his hand out.

"Shikanoin Heizou, Detective of the Tenryou Commission from Inazuma" The redhead detective accepted and shook the green bard's hand. You thought to yourself for a moment on how many times Heizou has introduced himself in one day.

"Ooh! The detective! I've read some interesting things about you from dear y/n's letter~ Basically—"

"—AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" You immediately covered the bard's mouth before he might spill something he shouldn't have. "Venti, how about you give Heizou some poetry lessons, hm? I'll pay for his tuition fee so there's no need to worry~" You gave a grim smile at Venti, signaling him to change the subject immediately as you slowly uncovered his mouth.

The bard nervously chuckled with a light sweat. "A-Alright since y/n... ahem- Heizou, mind if I call you by your first name?"

The detective lightly shook his head. "I don't mind at all"

"Great! Heizou, how would you like to be offered some poetry lessons? It's currently Windblume season and I'm offering poetry lessons for everyone who are willing to try!"

"That sounds quite fun, I'd like to experience a couple of activities related to this celebration"

"Well that's settled! I'll be off to look for Aunt Lisa and Master Jean, I'll be back to hand over your tuition fee later on, Venti" You then turned to Heizou. "Is it okay if I leave you here for now? I promise I won't overwork myself"

The detective let out a light sigh and patted your head. "If you're willing to keep that promise then I'm trusting you on that" You gave him a smile and nod before you went off to leave the both of them. "See ya both later!"

The green bard let out a relieved-like sigh. "Oh Windblume, the most romantic time of the year, finally reunited with a long-lost friend so dear. Thank the Anemo Archon for guiding you back home, may the winds bless and protect you, for you are not alone"

Heizou's POV

I didn't want to restrict y/n too much by my protective habits. She's finally home now, the least I could do is trust her that she won't hurt herself. Besides, she knows her own nation more than I do, and this place is much more safer in comparison to Inazuma.

"Oh young detective, are you perhaps captivated by the charms of y/n~?" The bard suddenly leaned over with a light grin on his face.

"I-" I know fully well I can't lie to myself nor to anyone, but I never expected this bard to be as perceptive. He somehow reminds me of Kazuha but less calmer and more uplifting.

He let out a chuckle as he leaned away. "Oh I can't blame you for having such feelings. Y/n is like a flower to this nation after all. She was often described as the wildflower that never stops looking for a place to grow. Her beauty is as unique as any flower you would see. Why not try giving your shot by sending her a love poem?"

Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try, right?

Y/n's POV

You went to look at the Cathedral to try your luck, and unfortunately you had just missed them a while ago. So you went off, back to the lower part of the city and there you saw a certain figure with ash-blonde hair, along with a girl with minty-green hair. You quickly ran up to them.

"Albedo! Sucrose!" You waved at them as they turned around, seeing you with their dumbfounded expression.

"y/n? You finally came back, since when were you able to arrive back in Mondstadt?" The Chief Alchemist, Albedo said. You honestly were a bit surprised that he's currently in the city since he usually stays by Dragonspine more often back then.

"I arrived here with a friend of mine actually" You sheepishly chuckled.

"It's great to see you again y/n, how was your experience at Inazuma?" The green-haired girl let out a soft smile.

"Haha... I guess kinda great..? Well, after I got stranded there, I was able to find myself a job so I was able to get by at least"

"That's good to know. It's great that you finally returned, especially at Windblume season. Have you already picked out your Windblume?"

"My Windblume? Oh shoot, I've been so focused on looking for Aunt Lisa that I didn't have the time!"

"Ah, that's okay. There's still plenty of time, actually. If you're looking for Miss Lisa, I believe she's currently at the back of the city along with Master Jean" Albedo replied as he turned his head at the direction on where Lisa might be.

"Really?? Thanks Albedo! I'll see you two later!" You rushed off to the back of the city.

And upon your arrival, your eyes widened in joy as you see a woman in a purple outfit along with a blonde woman in a familiar uniform. You were holding back your urge to get emotional as you rushed off towards them.

-End of Act II-