Chapter 7 Act III

"Aunt Lisa! Master Jean!"

The duo immediately turned their attention to you with a surprised look on their faces. You jumped and tackled them for a hug as they were still processing what just happened.

"y/n?? My goodness, look how much you've grown!" The familiar librarian caressed your hair down to your back.

"y/n, you finally came home! We were so worried about you" The acting grandmaster stood right beside you and the librarian with a warm smile on her face.

"I'm really sorry for worrying everyone, Master Jean... Aunt Lisa.."

"It's okay dearie, we're just glad you're back home safe" Lisa then lightly kissed the top of your head as she kept caressing your hair. "Did you travel here all alone?"

"Oh, no- I actually traveled with a friend. He's currently taking poetry lessons from Venti at the plaza"

"Oh? A he? How interesting~ Mind if you introduce him to us sometime?" The librarian gave a light smirk as she giggled.

"I'm quite curious about your friend too, please do introduce us when you both have the time" You nodded at the both of them and sheepishly chuckled.

"Well then dear, Jean and I will be continuing our patrol. You and your friend can meet with us later in the headquarters, okay? We have so much to catch up on~" Lisa patted your head then you waved them a farewell as they walked off. You were so happy to see your family again after a whole year of being separated.

But then a sudden thought came into your mind.

'I'm so happy I finally came home but... I don't want to be separated from Heizou once the festival is over... but I don't want to be separated from everyone again. I can't beg him to stay too.. That would be too selfish of me'

You stood there in the middle of the cobblestone stairs as you looked down with a crisis looming in your mind.

"There you are"

You suddenly turned around and tilted your head up, seeing the detective behind you at the top of the stairs. His figure was radiated from the light of the sunset, you couldn't help but gaze at him in admiration at that moment as he looked down upon you with a light smile on his face.

"I just finished my poetry lesson with the bard a while ago, he said that you can pay him later at Angel's Share..?" He then slowly descended down the stairs to meet your level. "Have you found the people you were looking for?"

You snapped out of the trance and answered with a nod. "Aunt Lisa and Master Jean told me to introduce you later when we have the time. We can meet up with them later at the headquarters"

"I see. Well then, while we pass the time.. Where do you want to go next?" He slightly tilted his head with a smile. You thought for a moment on how this man is so casual with his charms that you could feel the blood rushing up to your cheeks a bit.

"Actually... There's a place outside the city that I want to visit.."

***

You and the redhead detective held each other's hands as you both walked a long distance from the city to the northeastern side. You could feel the evening breeze flowing through your skin and the nostalgic scent of the grass lingering in your nose.

Soon, you both reached the slope that leads to Starsnatch Cliff. You quickly let go of Heizou's hand as you rushed to an area with blooming Cecilias.

"It's been a long time since I came here.. I missed these flowers so much..." You knelt down to the group of Cecilias and gently touched the flowers.

"What are these flowers called?" The detective walked behind you as he looked around the field.

"They're Cecilias. They only grow in places where the strongest wind blows.. For me, I feel like it's the prettiest flower I've ever seen here in Mondstadt"

Heizou ended up muttering something under his breath but you couldn't make up of what he said so you turned around and hummed curiously. "Hm?"

He was slightly taken aback as he covered his mouth and looked away. You slightly noticed the redness at the tip of his ear before shrugging it off and trying to pick a few of the Cecilias.

"Guess this should be enough" You looked up the sky and your eyes slightly widened as you noticed its slowly getting brighter. "It's that time already??" You quickly grabbed Heizou's hand with your free hand and rushed off to the top of the cliff.

"Where are we going, y/n??" The redhead detective was puzzled as he was being dragged behind you, but you didn't respond.

Heizou's POV

"They're Cecilias. They only grow in places where the strongest wind blows.. For me, I feel like it's the prettiest flower I've ever seen here in Mondstadt"

".. Just like you"

"Hm?"

I suddenly realized what I just said and immediately covered my mouth as I looked away to hide my flustered face. I nearly blundered there for a moment, I need to be careful next time.

It's a good thing she didn't hear it. I slowly side glanced back at her as she turned back to carefully pick the flowers.

As much as I want to say something and tell her how I feel, I mustn't rush it. She just got home and she needs to spend more time talking to her friends and family. I can't allow my selfish decisions to get in the way just yet. I just need to hang on a little bit more and I'll finally tell her.

As I was distracted in my thoughts for a moment, she suddenly grabbed my hand and started running, I quickly tried to catch up to her pace.

"Where are we going, y/n??"

We both soon stopped running as we've reached the top. The first thing that caught my attention before I could ask her again was something glowing brightly at my side. I turned to its direction and we were greeted by a beautiful scenery of the sunrise over the horizon of the sea.

"Looks like we finally made it.." I turned to look at her. She gave a satisfied smile as she was admiring the sunrise. That damned smile of hers.

Man alive, my heart couldn't stop pounding at this beautiful sight, and I'm not just talking about the sunrise. If this keeps on going, I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to hold back these feelings.

Please forgive me when the time comes, y/n. I just can't seem to figure a way out of this spell you have put me under. You're one mystery that I could not easily solve.

-End of Act III-