Chapter 6 Act I

"Thank you for registering at the Adventurer's Guild. Here is your Adventurer's handbook"

You gratefully accepted the handbook from the black haired lady who was always stationed at the Adventurer's Guild counter. "Thanks, Katheryne!"

She nodded at you as a response. "If you have any questions and clarifications, feel free to ask me. I'll do my best to be of service"

Since you've already resigned from Sango's detective agency, you figured that you should start finding another source of income in order to maintain your stable life, and the first thing that came into your mind was the Adventurer's Guild. You thought of joining the Adventurer's Guild back then at Mondstadt, but you were always held back by your doubts and fears since you were not used to fighting and using your vision during those times. Ever since you came to Inazuma, you started to learn self-defense and gained more experience in order to survive because in comparison to Mondstadt, Inazuma's lifestyle felt a bit more harsh and challenging. It's not that you find it as entirely bad, and at least your lifestyle improved due to these experiences.

You rushed off somewhere while feeling giddy. You're happy because of multiple reasons:

First, you just bought your most awaited book sequel that had just been released today.
Second, you finally got yourself registered at the Adventurer's Guild.
Third, Heizou invited you to hangout somewhere and you two will be meeting at the bridge.
And lastly, you heard from Katheryne that the traveler plans to meet you soon, and you figured that it has got to do with the letters you wrote for your friends in Mondstadt.

A few days ago, when you, Heizou, the traveler and Paimon were celebrating at Uyuu Restaurant, you took the opportunity to finally have a closure with the traveler and it ended up pretty well for the both of you. You felt lighter and at ease now whenever you're around them and you asked them if they could deliver your letters to your friends in Mondstadt, to which they gladly accept. Luckily for you, the traveler is already acquainted with your friends so it wouldn't be too hard for them to find the person within those letters.

You soon arrived at the bridge where you and Heizou agreed to meet, you saw the detective leaning by the railings of the bridge then he took notice of your arrival.

"Heizou!" You waved the handbook on your hand while running towards him. You nearly stumbled and tripped but you quickly regained your balance and stopped right beside him. You lightly crouched down and panted for air before looking at the redhead detective with a sheepish smile. Although Heizou felt otherwise as he crossed his arms while looking down on you.

"Now, what did I say about moving around too much and exhausting your body?" He began lecturing you as you just shrugged it off with a sheepish chuckle.

"Sorry- ehe.. just got very excited.."

"You just nearly tripped on the way here. What could've happened if you didn't regain your balance?"

You lightly pouted. "Don't worry so much! Geez.. I already took my medications today so it's assured that my body won't suddenly fall off or freeze a lot in the meantime!" The detective wasn't having it and suddenly flicked your forehead. "Ack!?" You immediately covered your forehead that got a red mark from the flick.

"Don't be an idiot. Your medications were only to relieve the pain of your sudden attacks. Until we finally got a remedy for that poison in your body, you're not allowed to do anything or any work that requires a huge amount of energy or effort, understood?" He raised a finger in front of you. You huffed out, thinking of how much of a killjoy he is.

"You sound like an overprotective parent"

"Then I might as well be one" He placed his hands on his hips as he slightly frowned with his eyes squinted at you.