Chapter 7 Act V

You plopped down on your comfy bed after a long time being separated from home. You sighed out for a moment before realizing your house is a bit too tidy, even though you were gone for a whole year. You then began to wonder if Aunt Lisa asked someone to clean and maintain the house while you were away.

You slowly sat up, noticing the detective looking upon the photos displayed above your drawer.

"So your mother was an adventurer?" He asked as you looked at him while his attention was still on the photographs.

"Not exactly.. more of a freelancer, like I was" You leaned back a bit while using your arms as support and tilted your head up to stare at the ceiling. "She didn't like the idea of being an adventurer because she didn't want to lose her time with me. Being an adventurer means you have to sacrifice a lot just to earn a living"

"Then what about the time when you went to Sumeru?"

"Well, I was still very young that time so I was quite unsure of the purpose behind our travels there. Although, what I do know is that mom used to study at the Akademiya, so perhaps she was planning to have a reunion with her old friends and acquaintances there?"

"I see.." He then turned to you. "I'm quite curious. If your aunt is a knight, why didn't they train you to be one?

"I just didn't like to become one. Aunt Lisa isn't technically my blood-related guardian, she's just good friends with my mother. Although, I do appreciate her love and care for me throughout the years. She's like a second mother to me ever since mom passed away.."

"Must be a painful memory. I'm sorry if I ever said anything insensitive or perhaps triggered any sad recollections" He then sat down on the bed beside you. You then turned to look at him with a soft smile.

"Oh no, don't worry. I know you're being careful with your words.. I appreciate it"

You slightly glanced down while smiling, then you felt something warm placed over your hand. Slightly startled until you realized that it was just Heizou's hand. A blush dusted over your cheeks as you looked and gazed up to him, his alluring olive orbs gazing to meet with your own. You could feel his eyes trying to tell you something but your mind is becoming too clouded to understand what it is. Before you knew it, the distance between the both of you started closing in little-by-little. You didn't pull away nor show any resistance, you just stayed still while the both of you are still glued to each other's gaze. It didn't take long before your faces are only an inch closer to each other and the warmth of your breaths can already be felt.

The silence was broken when Heizou suddenly whispered to you without breaking eye contact.

"y/n, there's something I've been meaning to tell you... But I want to say it on the last day of this festival. Are you willing to wait for it..?" He had a hopeful look in his eyes, you thought for a moment that he seemed like a puppy that is begging you to give in to his demands. It felt like you had no choice but to nod in response as you were also curious to find out what he wanted to say. He then pulled away from you and you finally managed to get a breath of relief. Your heart couldn't stop pounding and you were scared that the detective might feel or even hear it due to how close the both of you were.

Heizou's POV

That was too close, I nearly got a bit impatient there. I don't want to suddenly kiss her without telling her how I feel just yet. It would be too improper if I did so without her consent.

I could feel my heart beating so fast from my rash decision. I don't think it's a good idea for the both of us to be alone in her bedroom for too long. I could no longer get a hold of myself around her, she's too irresistible.

I quickly got up from her bed and head for the window to calm myself down. Now's not the time yet, I need to plan this out carefully. Thanks to Venti's guidance, I suppose I could put it to good use when I confess to her.

This is the only chance I don't want to throw away.

***

The final day of Windblume finally came. Y/n was busy catching up with her friends so I let her be to do her thing. In the meantime, I took my time to pick out the best-looking Cecilia flower from the same place she took me to see the sunrise. It took a while before I finally found the best one, carefully picked it out from the ground and gently held it close to my lips. The petals felt so soft as it was brushed against my lips, I could just imagine how soft her lips would be. I lightly sighed and decided to head back to the city before y/n might wonder where I had gone off to.

By the time I arrived back at the city, I took a deep breath and puffed my chest out. Today's finally the day.

...Or so I thought.

I tightly clenched the love poem I had written for her, along with the Cecilia flower I had picked and attached to it. My heart completely sank at the sight of a young, timid-looking blonde boy offering a bouquet of Cecilias to the woman I deeply loved. She even accepted it so happily, seeing her eyes shine in immense happiness as if it was the best present she was ever given. Although I couldn't hear what they say, I somehow could still read their lips. I shouldn't stay here.

I soon quickly left the area. I just want to be left alone right now.

Y/n's POV

"Oh my archons- Mika, you shouldn't have!" You were amazed as Mika, an old friend of yours, offered you a fresh and beautiful bouquet of Cecilias. Your eyes lit up as you gratefully accepted the bouquet carefully.

Mika sheepishly chuckled as he scratched the back of his head with a light blush on his cheeks. "Happy Windblume, y/n... I heard that you liked Cecilias so I went off to Starsnatch Cliff the other day and handpicked them for you. Although I asked for a bit of help from Miss Lisa on how to make the bouquet-"

"That's really sweet of you Mika, I love it!" You giggled gleefully.

"Do you have plans on returning to Inazuma after the festival?"

"I guess so.." You lightly sighed. "But I'll make sure to write you a letter during my free time"

"I see then. I wish you all the best and hope you travel safely. I'll be awaiting your letters"

"Thank you!"

He smiled softly and nodded. "Well, I'll be off now to report to Captain Eula. See you next time, y/n" He waved before he walked away, you did the same with a warm smile then as you turned around, you swore you caught a glimpse of the redhead detective walking away.

"Heizou..?"

-End of Chapter 7-