Chapter 3 Act III

You started heading for the agency quite early today. The sun had just risen, the birds were lightly chirping, and the morning breeze was passing through as you could feel it against your face and exposed skin.

By the time you have arrived at the agency, the door was still locked, you arrived pretty early after all. You stretched your arms and yawned as you looked up at the sky.

"Maybe I should buy myself coffee first.. Might take a while for them to arrive.." You muttered to yourself as you walked off to see if Kiminami Restaurant is open.

Tough luck for you, the restaurant is still closed. You sighed to yourself and went to find at least a small stall that is currently open. You soon found Tomoki's stall up ahead and approached him.

"Tomoki! One Dango milk please!" You chirped as he noticed you coming and nodded with a smile. "Alright" He responded as he went to start preparing the beverage.

"Actually, make that two please" A voice suddenly spoke behind you and you didn't even bother to turn around to see who it is. You already knew whose voice it belongs to.

"Early in the morning aren't you, Detective Shikanoin?" You sweatdropped and sheepishly smiled.

"Oh, what a coincidence y/n~" The redhead detective acted as if he just realized your presence. "Also, what's with the sudden formality? Have I done something wrong?" You could hear the sheepish tone from his words.

"Cut the act, Heizou" You sighed. "You followed me, didn't you?"

"I wouldn't really put it that way" He chuckled. "Also, I already told you, didn't I? That I would meet up with you when the opportunity arises. It seems neither of us are currently busy, so why don't we hang out for a bit?"

You don't really see anything wrong with hanging out with him, you thought. You then sighed in defeat and shrugged your shoulders. It didn't take long before Tomoki came back to serve your orders.

You walked on the streets of Inazuma city with the detective as you both enjoyed your Dango milks.

"Don't you have duty today at the police station?" You raised an eyebrow as you looked at him and sipped. He took a sip on his as he glanced at you.

"Not really, I don't often idle around there for various reasons. Staying in one place won't take me anywhere that would satisfy my intuitive skills"

"Uh huh.." You then finished your Dango milk. "Don't you get in trouble with the general if you keep slacking off?"

"For the nth time, I am not slacking off" He lightly pouted before sipping. "There are just some things I'm better-suited for rather than those menial tasks"

"Tenryou Doushin, Shikanoin Heizou: A very picky genius detective" You stretched your arms forward and slowly spread both hands apart as if you're making an imaginary headline.

He then scoffed with a light smirk. "Making fun of me now, aren't you? Well, not that you can outwit me either way~"

Ouch, you sure backed into a corner right there.

You just gave a close-eyed smile with your eyebrows slightly twitching in annoyance. "Ah, yes.. says the detective who needed my help to solve two cases in a row~"

He let out a light laugh. "You know, even without your help, I have various ways of solving a case. Solving one with you just feels more interesting" Then followed by a wink as he looked at you.

"W-What does that even mean?!" You couldn't find any good comebacks and that wink he added just made you even more flustered. You then suddenly remembered the events that had occurred at Uyuu Restaurant and had your arms crossed over your stomach.