Chapter 6 Act V

The view of the sea is so wonderful, especially during the time of sunrise. You basked yourself in the early morning light and deeply inhaled the scent of the sea.

"Well, aren't you early?"

You turned around to be greeted by a tall woman with long brown hair and wore a red eyepatch. You gave her a smile and giggled.

"Good morning, Captain Beidou"

"Eager to get home soon, kid?" She went over to you and ruffled your hair. You chuckled and tried to move away from the ruffling.

"Yeah, I missed everyone so much. I can't wait to see them again"

"I see.. Well, that's great" She leaned against the post and turned her head to the side. "Looks like your bodyguard is getting along with Kazuha over there"

You turned your head as well, seeing Heizou talking to someone with white hair and dressed up like a samurai from Inazuma. He must be the wandering ronin that was chased away by the shogunate during the Sakoku decree.

The redhead detective stole a glance at you and noticed you looking at him so he gave you a wink and a wave. You slightly blushed and waved back before he reverts his attention back to the white haired ronin.

"I'm awfully curious about your relationship with him. Is he your lover?" You could feel Beidou's interested grin, to which you immediately turned at her and shook your hands in denial.

"N-No! It's nothing like that!"

"Kid, even with one eye, I could see the blush plastered on your face"

"No really! It's not what you think-"

The captain let out an amused laugh. "Just kidding. Your reactions are just quite amusing, can't help but want to tease you"

You let out a sigh. "Geez.."

Heizou's POV

"You seem to be trapped in a trance"

After waving at y/n, I turned to look at Kazuha then nearly broke out a laugh and ended up chuckling a bit. "Do I?" I tried to be coy with my answer as the ronin just let out a light chuckle as well.

"Can't help but notice that you kept stealing glances at your companion for some time now. Perhaps being lovestruck is the correct term?"

"Haha.. I really can't fool you, can I?" I slightly reverted my gaze at y/n as she was getting along with the captain of the ship. "Though I wonder if she felt the same way.."

"Why not ask her? Or perhaps try giving out some hints?"

"I already gave out hints but she's kind of hard to crack. Let's just say that she's quite puzzling, but it's not like I'm complaining. I'm always up for a challenge"

"Well then, I wish you the best of luck" He gave a soft smile to which I reciprocated along with a nod.

We then spent the rest of the journey chatting away, followed by having breakfast together with the crew. After that, we soon managed to arrive at Liyue Harbor.

"Liyue Harbor! Oh how long I've missed this place!" y/n rushed out of the ship and I quickly followed behind her.

"Man alive, she's gotten even more energetic"

"You kiddos stay safe!" I heard the captain calling out as we both got off the ship.

"Heizou cmon!" She stopped for a bit to grab my wrist and drag me throughout the busy streets.