SEVEN - THE PRACTICE GAME (PART 2)

Amaku darted behind Daichi as fast as she could. She peaked out behind him, seeing a familiar head of brown hair. Luckily, Oikawa Toru was facing the other direction, so he didn't see her.

Kageyama was glaring at him harshly, and Amaku wanted nothing more than to disappear.

"Hey, it might be because he's got all the ladies attention, but I already hate this guy." Tanaka said.

"Yeah, that's Seijoh's team caption." Daichi said, looking questionably at the girl who was still using him as a shield.

"Oikawa." Kageyama was still glaring. "He's a super offensive setter, top of his class at attacking and team play. And he's got a bad attitude, too."

"Even worse than yours?" Hinata asked, dumbfounded.

"Even worse than four-eyes." Kageyama responded, making Tsukishima look over at them with annoyance.

"I'm guessing you know him too, Amaku?" Tanaka asked her, earning a nod. "So he went to Kitagawa too?"

"Yeah, he was my upperclassmen." Kageyama said.

"He was my mentor." Amaku mumbled, deciding to leave it at that. The rest of the team stared at her in shock. Oikawa turned around, now facing them. The girl wasted no time in picking someone and ducking behind, this time it being Tsukishima.

"Hey there, long time no see, Kageyama." Oikawa waved at him. "How long has it been since I've last saw you? You've really grown! How's it feel to be the king."

The third set was close, even without Oikawa in the game. Amaku was tense. It wasn't that she hated the setter, he was a close friend to her for a long time. But, after she had to stop playing volleyball, she already felt like she failed him. She felt like she failed a lot of people. What he said to her haunted her still, and she wasn't sure he forgave her. She couldn't face that, yet.

Old memories were getting tougher and tougher to push down.

Oikawa still hadn't noticed her. She was wedged between Yamaguchi and Sugawara now, both having no idea why she wanted to hide from him so bad but doing their best to help. Oikawa had been subbed in now, and Amaku wasn't feeling good about it.

His serves were just as inhuman as she remembered. He immediately started targeting Tsukishima, who was struggling with his receives.

Karasuno was able to get it back over the net, but it gave Seijoh a chance ball. After a spike from Kindaichi, Hinata was able to get a one touch off of it, and immediately got ready for him and Kageyama's quick attack.

Hinata was so fast. He'd slammed the ball down before Oikawa could even process what had happened, his expression in complete disbelief.

That was it. Karasuno beat Aoba Johsai.

It was dead quiet for a moment, before Amaku cheered. "Nice kill, Hinata!" Karasuno wasted no time after that, celebrating their win.

Oikawa snapped his neck at the sound of a familiar voice, but it was too late.

The team walked out together, all over the moon with how the practice game went. Even Tsukishima had a more pleasant face on. Walking down the road to where their bus would be, Oikawa was outside, waiting for them.

Wordlessly, Tsukishim pushed Amaku behind him before Oikawa could notice.

Instantly, Tanaka and Hinata got in his face, assuming he was there to fight. Instead, he complimented Hinata on his last play before talking about how they were going to beat Karasuno the next time.