SIXTEEN - WINGLESS CROWS

Coach Ukai was pushing the boys even more at each practice, and the inter high tournament approached them quicker than they expected

   Coach Ukai was pushing the boys even more at each practice, and the inter high tournament approached them quicker than they expected. Amaku had spent the last few weeks with little time to even breathe. She had advised Yamaguchi to try out a float serve, and when she wasn't helping him with that she was doing all she could for the rest of the team. And when she wasn't doing that, she was helping Shiminzu with the banner they had surprised the boys with.

   In short, she was exhausted. But she was also the happiest she's been in what felt like years. She was also exercising more than she usually was, so she started wrapping her knee before every practice.

Now, it was June 2nd, the first day of the inter high tournament. The bus ride was a bit bumpy, Amaku opting for a window seat and her earbuds, so she didn't mind it much.

   Walking into the facility, Amaku was hit with an intense feeling of deja vu, and she really wasn't liking it. It didn't help that many of the other teams were openly staring at them as they walked by. No one was very discreet about Karasuno's "Wingless Crows".

   It felt like everyone was looking at them, and for once Amaku was glad Nishinoya and Tanaka acted like her and Shimizu's body guards. She still wasn't used to being know as "Karasuno's hot new manager". It made her feel like a piece of meat.

   She was aware that Tanaka and Nishinoya both were annoyingly obsessed with her cousin, so when they met Amaku they both decided she needed the same amount of protection from other guys. Nishinoya established (or forced) it as "his duty to his underclassmen".

   Before Amaku joined the team, Shiminzu had told her all about the two boys who had hopeless crushes on her, but simultaneously were extremely respectful to her wishes. She had told them she didn't want to date anyone, and while she didn't mind being admired, other teams hitting on her did make her uncomfortable.

   Amaku just didn't think the same thing would happen to her.

   Growing increasingly uncomfortable by each passing comment, she tensed up as she walked. Tsukishima, who was behind her, took notice right away, sandwiching her between him and Yamaguchi without even glancing at her.

      Hinata was looking every which way in excitement, similar to how a kid in an amusement park would be.  Meanwhile, Suga was desperately trying to keep a hold on the ginger, who was running up to random people exclaiming he would beat them.

   The sight brought the whirlwind of emotions Amaku was feeling down slightly, fiddling with her fingers to regulate them even further.

   Only when Karasuno made its way to the main gym was the girl completely composed, snapping out of whatever state she was in when Hinata claimed the gym smelled like air salonpas.

   "What are you even talking about?" Amaku sighed.

   "I'm just happy he hasn't thrown up yet." Kageyama said from beside him.