TWENTY EIGHT - VILLAGER B

Shiminzu, Amaku, and Hitoka were all changing into their game tracksuits, preparing for the practice game

   Shiminzu, Amaku, and Hitoka were all changing into their game tracksuits, preparing for the practice game. Earlier, Amaku had asked her cousin to give her friend some words of inspiration, Hitoka had told her she felt like she didn't deserve the spot as manager earlier, and she knew it would mean a lot coming from her upperclassman.

   "Is something bothering you?" Shiminzu asked her, noticing Hitoka staring at the club acceptance sheet. The blonde didn't respond, she just jumped like she had been caught doing something she wasn't supposed to.

   "For what it's worth, I used to play sports but I never knew anything about volleyball or what it takes to be the manager of a whole team." Shiminzu spoke as she started undressing. "But the thing is, you don't always know you have passion for something until you start doing it. You don't need to have strong feelings about it or be on some kind of mission from day one. Sometimes the things you fall into by chance, turn out to be the most important ones of all."

   "As long as you go into it was a little bit of an open mind, you're all set." Amaku added, pulling her shirt over her head. "The least you can do is give it a fair chance, and not for the team. For you."

   A little while later the girls walked into the gym, volleyballs already flying everywhere. As soon as Ukai saw her, he called Amaku over. Once she was beside him, he called over Tsukishima and Hinata, reminding her to talk to them about read blocking.

   "Alright, as middle blockers your goal is to start scoring points with your blocking. If we can start shut down spikes, our team gets 10x better." Amaku started. "Coach and I have some drills in the works, but for now I want you both to think about Date Tech's blocks, and how they waited until the ball was set before jumping. If you two can get your form down, as well as your reads, we can stop anyone. Including Ushijima. Try it out today."

   They nodded in response, but she could see Tsukishima's doubt. She was sure he didn't even think they'd make it to play Shiratorizawa. Amaku narrowed her eyes at him. His expression changed, as if surprised the girl could read him so well.

   After they went back to warming up, the girl helped Hitoka set up a few chairs for the sidelines. On her way back, she saw the blonde talking to Kageyama and Hinata, a small smile creeping onto her face. She picked up a few stray balls before catching the end of their conversation.

   "Forget it, that was rhetorical." Hitoka scratched the back of her head.

   "Re-tord-i-cal?" The boys incorrectly repeated back, unfamiliar with the word.

   "Are you serious?" Amaku asked, shocked.

   "She said rhetorical, a question that doesn't require an answer." Tsukishima said, amazed by the pairs stupidity. "We just studied that."

   "You guys are like disappointed parents." Hinata mumbled.

   Before Amaku or Tsukishima could retort, Obi High School arrived. The team jogged over, getting ready to line up. They bowed before giving the court to them to warm up.