EIGHT - KARASUNO'S GUARDIAN

A few days later, Amaku was helping Kageyama practice his jump serves

A few days later, Amaku was helping Kageyama practice his jump serves. The two had gotten closer, having a striking amount of things in common. They had even gotten confused for siblings a couple time, which Amaku didn't understand.

Sure, they both had dark hair and a rather scary resting face, but Amaku thought they had major differences. The girl had long black hair and straight eyebrows. Her eyes were more grey than blue, almost cat like.

The more she knew Kageyama, the less she thought he had an intimidating face. He was just a little thoughtless. Usually, he didn't even mean to sound angry or rude, it was just his tone.

Amaku was across from him, giving minor tips. His spin on the ball and just the overall force was already improving, the thought of defeating his old upperclassman in a real game motivating him.

Hinata was there too, but he was resting now.

They were just moving an empty water bottle around, seeing if he could hit it since Amaku couldn't really receive. She had received a few balls earlier, demonstrating to Hinata how to. But, her knee started aching so she let herself rest.

He served, and it was looking like it was going to hit the bottle dead on. Before it could, Hinata darted out, attempting to receive the ball but failing.

"Can't you stay out of my way for five minutes!" Kageyama yelled. "I could've had that if not for you!"

"Yeah well, I got it." Hinata said defensively, looking around for the ball that was on the upstairs balcony.

Amaku sighed, sitting down on the gym floor with her legs out. They argued nonstop.

"You didn't get anything! It was out!" Kageyama continued to argue.

He went to serve again, this time looking even better than the last. Amaku's eyes widened slightly as another figured bolted to the spot, receiving it perfectly. The ball fell to where the settler would be, just high enough.

He was a small boy with brown hair, the front part bleached a light blonde. He was still in his school uniform, but Amaku didn't recognize him.

Hinata walked up to him, amazed. When he got eye to eye with him, he gasped. "Are you shorter than me?!"

"HEY!" The boy yelled. "You better watch what you say to me!"

"I'M SO SORRY!" Hinata exclaimed. "I just wanted to know how tall you were."

Kageyama and Amaku shared a look, both expecting this to upset the boy even more.

"I'm 5'2, that good enough for ya?" He pointed to himself proudly.

"Someone to look down at, I haven't had that experience since middle school." Hinata said, not in a way to make fun of him, he was just so amazed to meet someone shorter than him.