TWO- INTRODUCTIONS AND ALMOST FIGHTS

After talking to Daichi, Amaku decided to go to their practice that some of the other first years would be at

   After talking to Daichi, Amaku decided to go to their practice that some of the other first years would be at. Apparently, two of their new recruits got kicked out of the club on their first day after fighting and hitting the vice principal with a volleyball and knocking off his toupee. The only way they were going to be allowed back onto the team was if they could prove to work together and beat the other two first years in a match.

Her and Shimizu thought the whole situation was really comical.

Today was that practice, though, and Amaku wasn't sure if she was ready. She stood beside the gym doors, the sound of sneakers squeaking against the wood floors so familiar that it hurt. She had staled long enough, taking extra time to change and tie her hair back, but she just could't walk through the double doors.

She took a deep breath, standing in front and about to open the doors. 'It wasn't a big deal. Who cares?' She told herself.

"Can you move if you're just going to stand there?" Someone rudely asked from behind her. She turned, meeting eyes with the blonde boy from the hallway. Next to him was a dark haired boy with freckles, who looked apologetic for his friends words. She recognized them both from her class, but she hadn't cared to remember their names.

"Watch it, four eyes." Amaku glared, pushing the door open and walking inside.

She felt like throwing up at the sight of a volleyball court, but she kept her composure as much as she could. The team was just setting up for practice, but Amaku couldn't find her cousin anywhere.

"Excuse us." The blonde spoke with his hands in his pockets, and she made a point to stand away from the two boys so no one thought they were friends.

"Oh, hey guys." Daichi greeted. "These are the other new first years. Normally we'd wait until next week to start new members, but since we have that match on Saturday, we're making an exception and bringing them in now."  

"Nice to meet you." The two boys chorused, the dark haired one bowing while the blonde barley tilted his head down. Amaku frowned.

The team was so shocked by how tall they both were for first years they had almost forgotten about the girl who'd walked in with them.

"Oh, and this is Amaku, Kiyoko's cousin." Daichi remembered. "She's going to be our second manager."

A boy with a buzz cut peaked up immediately at that, but before he could head over to examine the girl, a boy with grey hair held him back. She had met both of them before the day after class with Shimizu, but she couldn't remember their names either.

"Maybe." She replied to the caption, trying to remind him that she hadn't agreed to that yet without sounding too harsh.

"Right, sorry." Daichi said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.