CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN - FINAL DAYS

Amaku spent the last few nights with Kageyama instead of her usual group

   Amaku spent the last few nights with Kageyama instead of her usual group. He asked her for help with the new sets he was trying, and she agreed. Tsukishima wouldn't admit it, but he missed having her around at practice. He swore Hinata was more annoying when she wasn't in the room.

   Kageyama and her stayed up late, it took a while before the sets started to become reliable. She wasn't sure what time she went to bed, but she knew it was far too late.

   She woke up to Hitoka shaking her, telling her she was going down for breakfast if she wanted to come. Begrudgingly, she got dressed, running a brush through her hair and brushing her teeth before joining her.

   Yawning as she walked down the stairs, Hitoka asked her about Kageyama's practice. She had started with them, but Amaku had told her she could leave early since it didn't pay for both of them to be exhausted the next day.

   "I think it'll work today." She stretched. "Hopefully those two idiots will be back on speaking terms, too."

   "I know, it so tense between them." Hitoka agreed. "Oh, morning Hinata!"

   The ginger was walking by as they stepped down the stairs, stopping when he saw them. There was a bright smile on his face, even though Amaku knew he was practicing late, too. "Hey! Good morning you guys! I'm pretty hungry, are you?"

   "Yeah, I'm starving!" Hitoka said brightly.

   "How was practice last night, Hinata?" Amaku asked.

   "I'm working on something really cool!" He smiled widely. "I can't wait for you two to see it!"

   Tsukishima walked by behind him, still in his dark green plaid pajama pants. "What a dork." He laughed, nodding a greeting to Amaku.

   "Where's your better half?" She asked, falling into step with him.

   "I think he's still sleeping." As he spoke, the pair both felt a buzz in their pockets, opening their phones to a message to the group chat. It was a photo of Tadashi, hugging a pillow as he slept soundly. They both snickered at it before sitting down for breakfast.

✧☆✧

   Amaku was glad to see Hinata and Kageyama arguing. It was about their quick attack, but it was nothing like their fight before. She visibly exhaled when Hinata yelled back at him, catching the attention of the third years beside her.

   "I feel like I can finally breathe." She said.

   "I know, it was so weird having them not talking to each other." Suga said. "But I'm not sure this is much better.."

   "Nope." Daichi smiled. "This is exactly how they were before. Told you we've got nothing to worry about."

   Karasuno's last match before the not-so-secret barbecue was against Fukurodani, who had proven to be the strongest team at the camp. It was difficult for the boys to hold their own against Bokuto and Akaashi, but they were keeping the gap relatively close regardless.