TWENTY SIX - HITOKA

"Are you sure about this, 'Maku?" Hitoka asked nervously

   "I told you, the boys have no problem with it. They're good people, and you always said you wanted to get more into volleyball." Amaku said, walking to the gym door. "You can do this. You're perfect for the role, and we make a great team together.

   "Okay." She took a deep breathe. "I can do this!"

   Shiminzu walked by, the sight of Hitoka making her face light up. "Hello!"

   Hitoka froze, awestruck by the beauty of the third year girl. "Oh, wow." She mumbled.

   "I'm Amaku's cousin, Kiyoko Shiminzu." She introduced, and Amaku swore she saw hearts in her friends eyes.

   "Uh, I'm-" She stuttered, freezing and looking at Amaku for help.

   "This is Yachi Hitoka." She introduced for her.

   "Thank you so much, Yachi." Shiminzu held her hands. "It means a lot that someone holds interest in our team."

   Hitoka, still frozen, could only nod. The third year led her inside the gym. "C'mon, let's meet everyone."

   Amaku gave her a reassuring now, squeezing her hand.

   The moment they entered the gym, Hinata stopped what he was doing and turned to the girls. "You found a new person? That's so awesome!"

   Hitoka was shaking. There were so many people around, and they were all so tall to her. She hid behind Amaku almost immediately as the boys in the gym started to show interest in her.

   "Well team, I'd like you to meet your potential new manager." Shiminzu introduced.

   Amaku squeezed her hand again, smiling at her. "Um! My name is Yachi!" The blonde exclaimed.

   "It's so great to meet you!" Suga said warmly, Daichi smiling at her from beside him.

   "See, I told you they're not so bad." Amaku whispered.

   "Are you a first year?" Asahi asked.

   "Yes!" Hitoka almost shrieked. "I'm in class 1-4, sir!"

   Amaku almost laughed until she noticed Nishinoya and Tanaka staring at her. She shot them a glare, making them both flinch. "Hitoka is also my best friend. Do not get any ideas."

   "This is really great news, now you guys have a manager for next year." Asahi said.

   "Yeah." Hinata agreed.

   Hitoka started stuttering again, looking at Amaku for assistance. "Nothing's set in stone, she just wanted to drop by and meet you all."

   "Yeah, it's very nice to meet you!" The girl bowed.