TWENTY THREE - INJURIES AND UNFORTUNATE MEETINGS

Occasionally, when Karasuno would have practice games against themselves, Amaku would play

   Occasionally, when Karasuno would have practice games against themselves, Amaku would play. Daichi insisted it was to play against someone the boys were unfamiliar with, but she had a feeling he knew she still loved playing.

   Today, she was playing without her knee brace, since her doctor had cleared her to and her legs were getting stronger. It was 20-23, Amaku's side down 3 points.

   Suga was serving, and Daichi reserved it perfectly, handing it to Kageyama. Amaku watched the setter purposefully look at Hinata to trip up Tsukishima and Asahi. From the right side, she jumped, doing her own quick attack that she made with Kageyama.

   Nishinoya was in range, so to solidify the point the spiked it so it would curve. Yamaguchi jumped for the block, but he was too late, the ball slamming into the floor.

   Tanaka cheered so loudly Amaku momentarily thought that he believed he scored the point, before slapping her back.

   She exchanged a fist bump with Kageyama, smirking at Tsukishima from across the net.

   It was her serve now, and she nodded to Yamaguchi, as if telling her to watch him. She bounced the ball twice, doing a perfect jump float.

   Nishinoya struggled to receive it, but he did, sending it to Suga who set it to Asahi.

   Kageyama was able to get a one touch off of it, but Amaku had to dive into the back end of the floor to retrieve it. It was too short, however, and Daichi needed to hit it again before it even reached mid court.

   It ended up as a chance ball, Suga setting it to Tsukishima. Already a step ahead of him, Amaku predicted he would fake out a spike for a feint, being correct and in position to retrieve it.

   "Do that again Tsukishima, you're so easy to read." Amaku bumped it high so Kageyama would have time to get under the ball. He set it to Tanaka, but Nishinoya managed to get under it with his 'rolling thunder'.

   Suga set it to Asahi, and Daichi went to get in position for a receive, unaware to Amaku who was standing where he was running.

   Daichi slammed into the girl at full force, knocking her over. Amaku's knee hit the ground first, then her face.

   She tried to get up as quick as she could, unsure if the ball was still in the air. But, as she tried to stand, a throbbing pain shot up her leg, one she knew well.

   When she flipped herself over, the team was standing around her in a circle, and she was brought back to when she obtained her injury for the first time.

   The feeling of blood falling down her lips brought her back to the current moment, the concerned faces of her teammates looking down at her. Shiminzu had pushed her way into the circle, holding an ice pack and a tissue. She thought her cousin was going to hold it over her nose, but when she used it to whip her tears, Amaku realized she had been crying.