CHAPTER THIRTY TWO - ATTACHMENTS

At the next practice, things were tense

At the next practice, things were tense. Coach Ukai had explained to Amaku his idea to make the quick attack even more precise, but she was more concerned about the boys friendship. By now, everyone had known there was a fight, and Amaku's bottom lip had barely scabbed over.

It was hard to ignore Tsukishima's eyes no her the moment she walked into the gym. Before he could say anything, Hinata marched right up to the girl.

"Amaku, I'm SO SORRY!" He shouted his apology.

"It's okay, shrimpy." She replied, a little startled by his words. "Just try not to fight in front of Hitoka, she thought you were going to kill each other."

He went to reply, but his eyes flickered to something behind the her, his face paling and walking away immediately, mumbling something about having to warm up. Confused, Amaku turned to see Tsukishima, a rough glare on his face.

"Pipsqueak managed to reach that high?" He pointed to her lips.

"It was Kageyama, actually. But-" She barely finished her sentence before he took a step in the direction of the setter, who was talking to Coach Ukai. Amaku grabbed his arm, yanking him back. "What are you doing?"

"Those morons could've done a lot worse. Are you forgetting you're still injured?" Tsukishima scoffed.

"My knee barely bothers me any more." Amaku mumbled, crossing her arms in defense.

"You're so difficult, do you know that?" He rolled his eyes.

"And do you know you're supposed to be warming up right now?"

✧☆✧

After a lot of discussing with Coach Ukai, him and Amaku had decided to break up the team into even smaller groups, relying on a few different courts. Asahi was working on his serves, Nishinoya was practicing a setting move, Kageyama was starting a different kind of set with Hitoka, Hinata was with Coach Ukai's grandfather, and Yamaguchi was practicing his jump float serve.

Everyone was fighting for their spot on the court, to get better and to not fall behind. Except for Tsukishima.

Yamaguchi had brought it up to her, he had hoped she'd be able to talk some sense into him since he was too afraid to upset the blonde. Truthfully, she was so caught up with trying to help each of the boys individually she almost didn't notice his slacking.

However, a selfish part of her almost didn't want to bring it up. She didn't want to start a real argument with him that could diminish their friendship, even if it was her job for the team.

   She hadn't realized how close they had gotten until she was trying to form the words in her head.

"Tsukishima, can I ask you something?" She said as they walked home the night before the summer training camp.