CHAPTER THIRTY SIX - RHINO BEETLES AND WASHING DISHES

When Hitoka told Amaku that Kageyama refused to train with Hinata anymore, she wasn't surprised to see him peaking into the gym doors where she was practicing with Tsukishima

    When Hitoka told Amaku that Kageyama refused to train with Hinata anymore, she wasn't surprised to see him peaking into the gym doors where she was practicing with Tsukishima. Bokuto noticed him first. "Oh, Tsukki, you brought a friend today?"

   "What?" He and Amaku turned at the same time, finding Hinata in the doorway.

   "What happened to your favorite partner?" Tsukishima asked.

   "Uh, Kageyama is working out by himself. I got Kenma to set for me, but he crapped out after five balls." Hinata explained.

   "It's already amazing enough Kenma even stuck around for that long." Kuroo smirked.

   "Anyway-" He started, but Lev appeared in the doorway next to him.

   "Please let me join you!" They said at the same time.

   "Hey, Lev, weren't you practicing your receives earlier with Yaku?" Kuroo asked.

   "Yeah, I was doing really well on my drills today so he decided to let me go early." He bragged making sure to stand up straighter when he spotted Amaku in the room.

   "Really? You didn't just run away from him, did you?" The caption asked.

   "No, of course not." He lied.

   They decided to play a three on three, Amaku sitting out. Her knee wasn't bothering her, but she knew it would if she continued to push it. She found herself watching the match intently, feeling a sense of pride watching Tsukishima play with Kuroo, who was instructing him through the plays.

Lev had tried to show off but Tsukishima seemed to be playing more aggressive than he usually was, shutting down any attempted spike the Russian attempted.

   Eventually, one of the managers came in to tell them the cafeteria was closing soon, and if they wanted dinner they needed to get going now. The group practically raced to the cafeteria, Amaku lagging behind since she couldn't keep up with their strides.

   About halfway to the dining hall, Yaku, Nekoma's libero, had dragged Lev away, chewing him out for skipping practice.

   Akaashi and Tsukishima stayed in pace with her, falling into a brief conversation about the beetles that were all over the school.

   "Rhino beetles." Amaku pointed to one that was crawling up the wall beside them. Bokuto screamed, hiding behind Akaashi. "Relax, moron. They're harmless."

   "Then why is it hissing at me?!"

   "Because you're screaming at it!" Kuroo dragged him away, Tsukishima snickering at them.

   "He's a big one." Amaku crouched down to take a closer look.

   "How do you know it's a dude?" Hinata asked, but kept his distance from the bug.