CHAPTER 38 - CONFESSIONS

After many, many practices in the heat, Yamaguchi decided to invite the team over for a pool party

After many, many practices in the heat, Yamaguchi decided to invite the team over for a pool party. Tsukishima, Amaku, and Hitoka had arrived earlier to help him prepare, Amaku setting up the food with Hitoka, while Yamma finished cleaning a few things deeper in the house. Tsukishima was outside, legs crossed under him as he sat on a lounge chair, adding a few more songs to the playlist he was in charge of.

His glasses were momentarily off, cleaning them with his shirt as he fumbled with the speaker in front of him. Subconsciously, Amaku's gaze was fixed on him, admiring his side profile from the open window in the kitchen.

"'Maku?" Hitoka's voice brought her back to what she was doing, suddenly aware of the knife and watermelon in her hand.

"Sorry." She swallowed, continuing to cut the fruit.

Hitoka only giggled to herself, adding the strawberries she had finished cutting into a bowl with a coy smile on her face. Before she could say anything, the door bell rang.

"I got it!" Tadashi called out, his footsteps loud as he stepped to the door. The third years had all arrived together, Suga heading to the girls to help them in the kitchen, while Asahi and Daichi carried the bags off ice Tadashi needed for the coolers into the backyard.

The door had barely even shut before Tanaka and Nishinoya were barging into the house, laughing loudly while carrying two plastic water guns.

"Oh absolutely not." Amaku said to herself, pushing Hitoka out the side door to avoid the two boys. Tsukishima snapped his head up at the commotion, the shorter girl almost hitting her head on the door frame.

"What-"

"Noya and Tanaka are here." Hitoka explained before he could ask.

Amaku parted her mouth to add onto her friends statement, but was cut off by a shout and the sound of the door being slammed open.

   Hinata had arrived, racing Nishinoya to the pool while trying to take his shirt off at the same time.

   Blindly, he was running closer towards Amaku than the pool, his shirt now stuck over his head.

   Before he could collide with her, she grabbed him by the neck of his shirt, pulling it off before shoving him into the pool.

   It happened so quickly Hitoka barely had time to register what was happening before Tsukishima had let out a small laugh.

   "You seriously only laugh at other people's misfortunes." Yamaguchi said, now beside the group.

   "Well, that one was pretty funny." Suga announced, snickering at the boy who had just emerged from the water, his ginger hair sticking to his cheeks.

Tanaka had jumped in the pool, stretching his arms and legs so he could make the largest impact, successfully drenching everyone in the vicinity. Spotting him, she ducked behind Tsukishima, avoiding any water.