CHAPTER NINETEEN - SLEEPOVERS

Amaku was excited, talking with Yamaguchi and Tsukishima as they walked home together

Amaku was excited, talking with Yamaguchi and Tsukishima as they walked home together. They all lived in a similar area, so Yamaguchi insisted they walked the girl home after dark from now on, saying it was too scary. Tsukishima protested, claiming she was the scariest thing out at night, but gave in eventually.

When her house came into view, she waved them goodbye before unlocking the door and stepping inside. She knew her mother would still be working, so she didn't bother looking for her before showering and grabbing her bag for the sleepover.

After getting out of the shower and changing, she checked her phone to see a missed text from Yamaguchi.

Yamma: Heyy, Tsukki's brother is going to pick me up do u need a ride?

Amaku: Is that okay with Tsukishima and his brother ?

Yamma: Yeah

Yamma: Akiteru offered

Amaku: Ok, sure lmk when you're on your way

Amaku hadn't expected for Tsukishima and his brother to pick her up fist, half expecting to see Yamaguchi in the back seat when she opened the car door. Instead, she shuffled in, unprepared for the next few minutes of awkward conversation.

"Hi!" Akiteru was much more chipper than his brother was. "I'm Akiteru, Kei's older brother."

"Obviously." Tsukishima mumbled, in a more bitter mood than usual.

"I'm Amaku." She tried to be polite.

"Kei's told me a lot about you-" He started.

"No, I haven't. Shut up." Tsukishima said quickly.

Akiteru only laughed, trying to ruffle his younger brother's hair, only for him to slap his hand away and threaten to jump out the car.

   Amaku snickered, she had never seen this side to the middle blocker. It was childish, something she'd never think of Tsukishima Kei to be.

   Akiteru started asking her about what it was like managing for Karasuno. He asked interesting questions and was quite easy to talk to. Amaku wasn't seeing any similarities between the brothers until the topic of Akiteru's former Algebra teacher, who was also Amaku and Tsukishima's teacher, came up.

   She hadn't heard such creative insults flying back and forth in her life. That's also when she realized they had the same smirk.

   They picked up Yamaguchi soon after, and Daichi's house wasn't very far after that. He dropped them off, waving embarrassingly at Tsukishima as they left the car. Amaku missed Akiteru winking at his brother while giving him two thumbs up.

   By the time the three got to the door, Tanka and Nishinoya were wrestling in the hallway, Suga was in an apron hitting them with a wooden spoon to break them up. At the sound of the door opening, Suga looked up.