TWENTY FIVE - STUDY SESSIONS

The next day, Amaku waited outside the boy's clubroom after practice

   The next day, Amaku waited outside the boy's clubroom after practice. She was insistent for them to give her the go ahead that they had all changed back into their school clothes before letting her in, claiming if she had to see Tanaka shirtless one more time, she just might quit.

   She fiddled with the hem of her skirt until Yamaguchi came to get her, calling out before she opened the door.

   She spent a few minutes looking over old tests, noting patterns or areas where Kageyama and Hinata struggled before doing some review work on English.

   It was becoming increasingly obvious that Hinata was simply thinking too fast, putting down the first answer that popped into his head.

   The session wasn't going well. Tsukishima and Kageyama kept throwing small digs at Hinata whenever they were focusing on him instead of getting any work done.

   "You don't have any room to talk, Kageyama." Tsukishima said. "I mean, aren't you doing even worse than Hinata is?"

   "You should at least start practicing your English vocabulary words." Amaku chimed in, trying to find a way to sit comfortably on the floor in a skirt.

   "I don't need to know no English!" Kageyama exclaimed, throwing his fist down.

   "Oh my god." Amaku and Tsukishima said at the same time.

   "You guys are completely hopeless." The blonde added.

   "Kageyama." Amaku caught his attention, doing one of the hand signals her and Suga had put together.

   "B quick." He replied instantly. Amaku did a few more, all of which the boy answered correctly without hesitation.

   "Perfect." She praised. "And when did you learn those?"

   "The first time I saw them, I guess." He admitted.

   "Then I don't want to hear you say memorizing words is too hard." Her eyes narrowed.

   "I am going to beat you!" Hinata declared to Kageyama. Then, he turned to Nishinoya and Tanaka, who were attempting to study on the other end of the room. "You guys won't beat me either!"

   "Could you please calm down and focus on studying, then?" Tsukishima sighed.

✧☆✧

   The next day, Amaku had the first years over at her place. Her mother was thrilled, asking about the boys almost every time she saw her daughter. She prepared almost too much food, cleaned the house twice, and set up an area in the living room for them. Amaku thought her mother was more excited than she was.

   "You really don't have to do all this, Mom it's okay-" She tried to tell her.

   "Oh, shush. Is Tsukishima coming?" She mocked.