CHAPTER THIRTY THREE - DAY ONE

It was an incredibly hot day in Tokyo, Amaku desperately wanting to change into shorts the moment she stepped off the bus

   It was an incredibly hot day in Tokyo, Amaku desperately wanting to change into shorts the moment she stepped off the bus. A few members from Nekoma greeted them, Kenma pairing off with Hinata while Kuroo stayed behind to make sure everyone was set.

   "Guys, where's the sky tree?!" Hinata shouted. "Isn't that Tokyo tower over there?!"

   "Um, that's just a normal radio tower." Kenma awkwardly explained. "Sorry."

   "What's the deal? You guys don't have steel towers in Miyagi?" Kuroo smirked in amusement. "Is this like a real thing I don't know about?"

   "Oh, well, excuse us if us country folk don't know exactly what the Tokyo tower looks like!" Daichi defended.

   "We're not even technically in Tokyo." Suga pointed out.

   "You guys have seriously never seen a picture of Tokyo tower?" Amaku quipped.

   "Glad to see sleeping beauty finally woke up." Kuroo said. "I was starting to think you've gone soft on us."

   "You wish." She yawned.

   "Oh look, here comes Lev." The caption said, watching the first year run down the steps to greet Hinata, who was a few feet in front. "You might wanna watch out for him, 'Maku. Poor guys been talking about you for weeks."

   She froze, shuddering slightly. She had an inkling he might have a crush on her, but she wasn't sure. She hid behind Coach Ukai, who barked out a sharp "Hands off my assistant coach" before dragging her inside.

   "Will you relax?" Amaku said after coach had finally let go of the back of her shirt.

   "Sorry, kid. Got a little carried away." He shrugged. "I'm going to go find Nekoma's coach, can you get the boys together while I find out where we can stretch out?"

   She nodded, doing exactly what he asked. After they were all warmed up, she handed out the practice jerseys and took a seat by the sidelines, with her legs stretched out. It was the only sitting position that was comfortable for her, and sitting in the bus had made her knee hurt slightly.

   Their first match was against Fukurodani, and Bokuto was just as excited to see Amaku as he was two weeks ago, practically jumping up and down when he saw her.

   Karasuno was all seemingly trying new things at once, and like she predicted, it wasn't going well at first. They lost every match that day, but that didn't stop the boys from practicing the moment dinner was finished.

   "Hey, Amaku!" Yamaguchi approached her as she handed Tsukishima his water bottle. "I was wondering if you were up to helping me with my serves?"

   "Of course, but I might have to leave early, I promised Bokuto I'd play with him, too." She nodded.