In the Really Dark Clearing with Mist (not the Mist) Not a Good Place To Be

A/N Originally, I was going to do this chapter in Sophie's POV. I only got 830 words written down and was getting nowhere. So I decided to delete it and re-write it in Percy's POV. Hope this is better. 

Sophie honestly looks flabbergasted

Seeing as I'm going to spend the night in the same house as her, I might as well greet her politely. I raise my hand to greet her and I notice Keefe take a protective step towards her. She too noticed his movement also because she blushed and I resisted the urge to laugh.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a man slowly jogging towards us with a small handbag in tow. He had messy dark hair and blue eyes and was dressed in a very interesting fashion choice. He was less poised than the elves I've seemed so far.

Maybe he's a monster.

"Hello," the man said kindly. And there goes my suspicion. "I'm Elwin. You must be Percy, yes?"

"Um... yeah," I look at Bronte with a questioning look. He rolls his eyes as if to say, the dude's gonna help you, bro. Although I doubt the man would say that...

Anyway.

"You got hurt yeah? Do you mind coming inside and sitting down so I can check to see if you're alright?" I felt my body tense. The only people I trusted enough to give me check-ups were the Apollo kids back at camp. My breathing started to quicken.

I was itching to turn and run, to flee, but it might ruin my chances to get home. Back to Annabeth. Back to Paul and my mom and Estelle. So I gulped and nodded.

Bronte gave me a nod and turned and fled away from this house. And away from me. 

Edaline gives me a reassuring smile. She must've seen my body posture. She takes my hand and I flinch a little. We follow Elwin to the house with Keefe, Sophie, and Grady following behind us. 

Elwin leads us to my room. I'm not sure how he knows where it is but... oh well.

"Hey. I've never been in this room!" Sophie exclaims.

"That's because it's the guest bedroom, Soph," Grady laughs.

"Oh," was all that was said from Sophie.

Elwin pushed up his glasses which made me think of one of the nerdier boys at one of my old schools. 

He snapped his fingers and a flashing orb appeared in front of my face and drifted everywhere along my body. He hummed at a few spots in particular. He stopped where the Cetus had cut me and sighed. 

"Do you mind taking your shirt off? You've got a little bit of a deep cut still left on your shoulder," Elwin looks up at me through his glasses and gives me a small smile. The orb of light disappears.

"Um... could you guys just... um... turn around?" I asked everyone else. "Please?" I begged when they didn't move at first. My stomach clenched. I didn't like having everyone look at the scars on my body. They always looked at me with pity. I didn't want pity. It was either pity or disgust and I hated it.