Chapter 9

Sophie made Silveny stop when she watched Percy be tackled by a horseman with wings. She gasps as Percy falls. He tumbled through the air but didn't make a single sound, except for some cursing that might've been in another language, because they certainly didn't sound elvish.

She watched as he pulled out a sword from nowhere, or so it seemed. 

The flying horse-man had disappeared from view. Sophie looked around, shocked, and then dove for Percy, hoping to catch him before he became an Elvin splat ball. 

But they were too late. The horse-man zipped into view and Superman punched Percy sending him flying to the ground. Instead of letting Percy hit the ground, the flying horse guy caught Percy mid-air and trotted to the ground. Silveny was still bomb-diving to the ground when the horseman tossed Percy away from him as if he were trash being thrown away. Percy landed in a nearby pond. 

Silveny reached the ground and Sophie threw herself off of the horse, stumbling slightly, and raced towards Percy.

"No!" He groaned, standing up. Percy was dry and he seemed to be glowing with an aura of power that was frightening. Keefe caught her arm and pulled her back. Percy looked her dead in the eye with a look that was just as scary as her inflicting. "Stay back!"

The winged horse-dude laughed. "This is the great Percy Jackson? Why, I could crush you in ten seconds."

"You would think that," Percy answered very calmly, though his position was the opposite of calm. His tensed shoulders, biceps, and narrowed eyes displayed that he wasn't very calm. Sophie thought that he must've been thinking: OH CRAP! I'M ABOUT TO GET EATEN BY A GIANT HORSE-MAN WITH WINGS! "Because you are the size of a hippo," Percy finished. 

The giant man growled. "I shall eat you! You will be a very tasty morsel to fill my stomach!"

"Yes, I've been told that I would look great as an entrée," Percy rolled his eyes, and the horse dude charged. 

Percy stood there and Sophie was sure Percy was about to be demolished, but he rolled out of the way at the last second. Quick as lightning, he sprung up, sword at the ready. 

"Your name is..." Percy asked. The horseman stomped his hooves.

"You do not know who I am?! I am Agamemnon! Father of the winged centaurs!" (A/N Not true but I had to roll with something) "Now I shall give you a slow and horrible death!" 

The horse dude whinnied and charged Percy. This time, Percy charged too. Agamemnon used his wings to add a boost of speed. A spear popped out of nowhere and into his hand. Percy did something that Sophie had never expected. He raised his arm not holding his sword and from the nearby pond, a ten-foot wave was summoned. The wave crashed down on top of Agame-mnon. The water began to swirl around the winged centaur, forming a sphere around the creature. The sphere was lifted into the air and Percy jumped into the sphere. 

Sophie screamed.

"We have to help him!" 

"He'll be fine," Keefe said and wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer. His eyebrows were scrunched together though, and he was staring at the water sphere anxiously. 

"How do you know!" Sophie began to concentrate, letting her mind lift her high into the air. 

"No! Seriously Sophie---" 

Percy shot out of the water sphere like a rocket, Agamemnon following him. Agamemnon was trying to unfold his wings so he could catch himself before he hit the ground. Percy angled his body toward the winged centaur and took the winged horseman's distraction as his opportunity to attack. With a single slash and a thrust, Agamemnon turned to a golden dust that sprinkled to the ground.