Wise Girl

A note floated down next to the body. I couldn't see her very well but the moment she landed I knew who she was. I ran down next to her, grabbed her small but powerful frame and pulled her into me, checking for wounds. When I saw that she was okay, I hugged her close, her scent overwhelming me. I felt like crying. 

I missed Annabeth so much the past two weeks that I've been here. 

Annabeth stirred in my arms. "Percy?" She croaked. 

"Annabeth. Wise Girl," I said. I smiled lovingly at her. She reached her hand up and cupped my face. 

"This is real?" 

"Yes, love," I teased her.

"Love?" Annabeth laughed lightly and then clutched her ribs gasping in pain. "I think I tore a muscle." 

"I have some ambrosia at the house I'm staying at." Suddenly, I remembered something. "Oh my gods."

I helped Annabeth stand. Then I rummaged around the forest floor to find the note that floated down by her body. 

You're welcome, it read. This is all I can do. You're on your own son

It was signed by my father. 

"What is it, Perce?" Annabeth croaked. 

"A note from my dad saying 'you're welcome' and that I'm on my own."

Annabeth's eyebrows scrunched together. "Rude." Her voice sounded parched. 

"Do you remember what happened?"

"Um, bit's and pieces. I remember being hit over the head and falling to the ground. Then I woke up in a dungeon like room. Someone kept... threatening me about you. And then... well I'm here now."

Fury made me curl my fists. I kept my face neutral. "Someone kidnapped you and locked you in a room?" I growled. Annabeth's eyes widened. 

"Seaweed Brain. It's okay. We're together. I love you," she whispered and brushed a hand down my face.

I calmed down a little. 

"Come on, let's get out of these dam woods," I said as a half hearted joke. Annabeth crooked an eyebrow. 

"Seriously dude?" Annabeth laughed. She pulled me in for a kiss. I couldn't believe she was actually here. She pulled away. I rested my forehead on hers. "I'm gonna kill you for leaving me again."

I chuckled. "I wouldn't doubt it." 

"Gods, I love you," Annabeth said. She kissed me again. We started walking and I told everything that happened here so far. Every time I said something funny, she laughed. Every time I tell her I did something stupid, she called me an idiot and kissed me. It was good to have her back. 

When I got to the part about Sophie invading my mind Annabeth face turned evil. 

"Annabeth, as much as I love you, you have to be nice. I'm staying in her and her families house, remember?" I took her hand in mine. 

"I thought she was nice."

"Eh. She was a week or two ago. In the beginning, she was really suspicious of me. Now, she probably is even more so." I scratched the back of my head. 

Annabeth hummed. "When do you think we'll get back?"

"I don't know. The only thing I'm for sure on, is someone wants to kill me," I said. "The lazarus dude only confirmed that suspicion for me, and the dreams. And now, they'll probably want to kill you too."

"Ugh. More," Annabeth groaned. 

"Sadly, yes. On another note, we could totally go check out the alicorns," I said. "Well, only if Grady takes me."

"Grady's the dad, right?" Annabeth asked.

"Yup."

"What do the alicorns look like."

"It's better if you see. My description of them would make them look like toddler's drawings. Or Picasso art."

Annabeth smacked my arm. "Picasso was an amazing artist."

"Would you want to see a horse that looked like something out of that dude's mind?" I asked.

"Well... I mean, on a painting," Annabeth said. 

"Bingo! We have a winner," I joked. 

"Shut up Seaweed Brain," Annabeth laughed. 

Then, Havenfield came into view. 

"Oh wow," Annabeth breathed. "The architecture--- it's... amazing."

"Yeah, wait till you see the T-rex," I said. I kissed her again. Just to make sure she was real. "Come on, I'll show you around."

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER THE NEXT ONE WILL BE BETTER I PROMISE!

ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR WHAT I SHOULD ADD IN THIS BoOoOoOoK?

-Avery