Life... Ugh

This is going to be a really, really short one.

Everyone is frozen in shock. Sophie's body left a very large crater in the wall. 

But I didn't care. She had violated my privacy. I felt her snooping around in my mind. So, I pushed her out with all my might and that got her knocked out. So technically, this is her fault, not mine. 

I was mad. 

I kept my face in a controlled calm look, but the water throughout the house was rumbling. Edaline and Gardy stared at me in shock. I know that they didn't do anything, but I still leveled a glare at both of them and they flinched. 

"I'm leaving. When she wakes up, tell her to stay the Hades out of my mind," I snapped. I turned without waiting for their response and stormed out of the door. 

After my encounter with the Genenees, six armed giants, I was a little on edge about going out into the woods again, but before that, I had found another drachma and I needed to talk to Annabeth. 

After I had walked far enough into the woods and found a tiny little stream, I sat on a log, made a rainbow, and flicked the drachma into it, and IM'ed Annabeth.

"What's up?" She asked. 

"This girl, Sophie, she invaded my mind."

"Okay?"

"So, I shoved her out of my mind and she's knocked out," I mumbled. The guilt was starting to chip into my mind slowly. 

"Good for you!" Annabeth said. "She shouldn't have done that."

"I know, but I think I really hurt her. When I shoved her out of my mind, Sophie flew out of her chair and left a hole in the wall."

"She deserved it." Annabeth flicked through the book she was reading. "Good news, I talked to Chiron and he says he thinks he knows who trapped you in the Lost Cities."

I felt my eyebrows furrow. 

"Who?"

"Nyx."

I froze. "How?"

"That's where we aren't sure. I have a theory. So Light Leaping Crystals operate on light, yeah?"

"Sure. But every day I've been here, it's been extra sunny with a Will Solace on top."

 "Right, but apparently, there's a huge crystal in a cavern somewhere that powers the rest of he smaller crystals. We think that Nyx is somehow taking the light from inside that crystal, therefore trapping you."

"Wow. That's great, but why would she trap me?"

"Your one of Hera's 'champions' I guess. Hera also created the elves---"

"What?"

"Hera blessed these few humans to have ever-lasting life as long as they stay faithful to their spouses and offspring. And Nyx is angry with Hera for some reason so she's probably trying to kill you and the elves."

Oh.

"Percy?" Annabeth was staring at something behind me. 

"Yeah, Wise Girl?" 

"Did someone come with you?" 

"No...?"

Then, I was tossed across my little clearing like a Raggedy Anne doll and smashed against a tree. 

***

Sorry for the short chapter. 

Does anyone have any ideas for some upcoming chapters?

494 Words 

-Avery