storytime

20-12-2022 Hoseoks house, kitchen

I hummed a song while reading some stuff, when Hoseok came in. His cheeks and nose were still red due the cold weather outside. 

"Hey Rue, how was your day?" He said, as he grabbed a can of Sprite.

"It was fine, Lilia gave me some phone numbers from my old friends... The girl found out mine magically."

"Oh," he chuckled, sitting down on the counter. His eyes slowly slid down to the book on the counter. It was written in witch language, so he couldn't read any of it, luckily. The language was called Sahira, and only real witches could understand it. No one explained how it worked, but if you gave a young kid a text written in this language, they could read it without a problem. 

I smiled a bit, "how was your work?" I cut some ingredients at the same time, at the same time reading the next step already.

"It was fine. Namjoon and I wrote a new song text yesterday, and we showed it to the rest of the group. Please don't cut off your fingers.."

"No, I won't, don't worry," I smiled at him. "Hey, are you free this evening? I have to tell you some stuff."

"Oh, I am free already, tell me when you want to."

I nodded, "okey... Let me finish this tea and then we can talk."

"Sure..." He stayed silent for a while, his eyes full of curiosity. "That box is new..."

I nodded. "I went to my aunt as well, turned out she took all of the stuff."

"I am happy you found it back, lovey."

I smiled up at him, my cheeks becoming red a bit. My eyes flew back down to the cutting work, finishing it quickly to distract myself.

He used a nickname and I didn't know in what way. I didn't know if he tried to make me fall in love just like Rex did, or that he just did because we were friends. 

He laid a hand on my arm and made me lay down the knife. "You cut everything, Rue... The counter doesn't have to be in pieces as well."

"Sorry si- sorry hobi," I muttered softly, staring at the groud while overthinking everything he did past days. He wasn't like Rex, right? My aunt couldn't see him, so that meant he could be a priest as well, and angels weren't doomed to be good.

"Rue..." He let me go again, placing his hamds behind his back. "I won't hurt you, alright?"

Tears sprang into my eyes, not knowing anymore if I could trust him or not. 

"What do you need, Rue? What do you need the most now?" He sounded worried. 

It could be acted. He could be exactly like Rex. He picked me up from the streets, he took me in with all his nice meanings, he had friends that told me that he would never hurt anyone and tried to make me happy the whole time. And I was scared... Terrified that it all would be the same as with Rex.

Even scarier thoughts flew through my mind, making me break down and sink down on the ground crying.

I heard him walk through the kitchen, I heared him talking. He voice changed to Rex', and back to Hobi's. 

What if they were friends. What if Rex had planned to-

I knew exactly what I needed, but he was dead. My pretty boy was dead and bleeding in a corner of the room. No, not bleeding anymore. Dead. 

Scenes flashed in front of my eyes, seeing Storm again. He got yanked out of my arms by Rex. I heared his screaming, and I cried with him, hugging myself meanwhile.