Addicted friend

I heard movement to the side of me and turned my head to look at ruby she was rummaging through her jacket pockets.I furrowed my brows at her and I watched her getting frustrated by the passing seconds.it was quite funny to watch her to be honest.

"Where is it...what the fuck....where the fuck is it"she kept repeating this over and over again and I was just getting more confused while I watched her.

"Where's what"I asked laughing in confusion.

"My vape I can't fucking find it I know I put it in here"I laughed more to myself as she kept on struggling to find her vape.I don't quite know what I was expecting her to say but that wasn't it.

"Ah finally"she said as she whipped it out of her pocket and held it it the air infront of her face.but it wasn't long before she starting inhaling the fumes of the vape.I remembered that I had mine in my pocket and got it out to.her eyes flickered over to me when I pulled mine out to.

"Used it since I last saw you"she asks now fully turning her head towards me.I shrug my shoulders and shake my head,no.she nodded her head and turned her head back to look in-front of her.not at anything in particular just looked straight ahead of her.I did the same.I debated trying the vape again but decided against it and put it back in my pocket,zipping it back up as I did.I new it was bad and didn't want to get addicted like some people that I knew.*cough*ruby*cough*.she had been thinking of getting some for ages but I always managed to either talk her out of it or convinced her to buy some matching clothes with me.it worked for a while but I guess not for long.

We sat in silence for a few more minutes until we heard the songs inside change.it all went quiet for a few minutes and then when we both heard what the song actually was we turned and faced each other with smiles on our faces.

505 by Arctic Monkeys.

We both stood up and raced inside just and the song was starting.ruby shoved her vape inside her pocket and did up the zip.she took my drink out of my hand and popped it on the side along with her own.grabbing my hand and dragging me through the crowd she raced over to the speakers.

I'm going back to 505
If it's a seven hour flight or a forty-five minute drive
In my imagination, you're waitin' lyin' on your side
With your hands between your thighs

We both sang as we watched all of the people at the party either give us weird looks or start to join in with us.

Stop and wait a sec
When you look at me like that, my darlin', what did you expect?
I'd probably still adore you with your hands around my neck
Or I did last time I checked

The whole room was now filled with people,mostly from our classes at school but also song random people that we haven't seen before,it was probably friends of friends.

We didn't really care to much though we still danced and sang the song in-front of them all giving zero fucks about what they thought.

Not shy of a spark
The knife twists at the thought that I should fall short of the mark
Frightened by the bite, though it's no harsher than the bark
The middle of adventure, such a perfect place to start