doomsday

-now playing "doomsday" by Lizzy McAlpine-

When Cove Alora heard frantic knocks on Finnick's door at sunrise, she was curious. Who would be knocking on the door so early in the morning, and that frantically? Finnick immediately went to the door, answering before Cove.

"Where is she?" Pearl demanded to the blonde boy.

"What? Pearl what are you doing here?" Finnick asked bitterly, still not over everything Pearl had done to Cove.

"I'm not playing Finnick, where the hell is Cove? President Snow is at my home right now asking for her," Pearl said quickly, pushing past him, into his home.

Finnick tried to stop her, yelling repeated questions at her, trying to calm his own mind. Pearl hurried upstairs to Finnick's bedroom, where she knew Cove would most likely be. And there she was, a bit dazed from the previous loud knocks.

Pearl immediately went over, jerking Cove's arm and yanking her out of the bed. "Cove you need to get up now and get dressed," Pearl demanded, looking at the girl who was still in shorts and an oversized T-shirt, clearly one of Finnick's.

Cove immediately jerked away from her, pushing her sister away, "What the hell are you doing here Pearl? We haven't talked in like two weeks and now you show up here acting crazy?" Cove screamed at Pearl.

"Look, I get you're pissed at me, but I'm not fucking joking right now, Cove. President Snow is at my house asking for you. You need to get dressed now and act like we are perfect sisters," Pearl said storming into Finnick's closet, seeing a section just for Cove. Pearl then threw a white short dress on the bed and left the room, waiting for Cove.

Finnick was outside of the room waiting with Pearl, his arms crossed over his chest. "Why the fuck is Snow asking for Cove?" the young boy asked viciously to the woman.

"I don't know, I wouldn't be freaking out as much if I did. He just showed up to my house asking for her. I just told him that she was at a friend's house," Pearl said, surprisingly quiet.

Then, Cove opened the door wearing the white dress and her old converses, trying to put her messy blonde hair into two low buns.

"Oh, dear God, no, get different shoes at least," Pearl groaned as she looked at the shoes.

"These are the only ones I have here, Pearl. You get what you get," Cove said as she pushed by Pearl and walked down the stairs, anxiety written all over her face. Finnick quickly caught up to her sensing her anxious state and quickly tugging her into a hug, trying to calm her.

"You'll be fine, Cove. Just use your manners and think smart. Let me know what happens as soon as it's over," Finnick said as he held the girl's face in his hands. Cove quickly nodded before Pearl pulled her away from his grasp and towards her house, where the President awaited.

.

.

.

Walking into the house that Cove hadn't called home in weeks felt odd, and not just because President Snow was there. It felt like life had been drained out of the house. The only comfort that Cove had was the fact that Crest was sitting on the couch, her posture straight.

"He's in there," Crest said quietly as she pointed to the office. Pearl quickly patted her back and practically shoved her near the door.

Entering the room was horrifying. Cove had never personally met the President of Panem, only had seen him on television. But the things Finnick had told her about the Capitol, and the rumors about the President, spoke for itself.