it's time to go

-now playing "it's time to go" by Taylor Swift-

Finnick was about to finally turn eighteen, leaving Cove sixteen, about to turn seventeen. President Snow had wanted to throw a huge gala for him in celebration, considering Finnick was one of the most popular Victors. Finnick hated the idea of it, he just wanted to stay at home with Cove and have a picnic by the beach, but Cove told him that it could be fun and to try to see the bright side of things. Finnick didn't want to give the Capitol another headline, labeling him as a egotistical partier.

Mags laughed silently as she watched the two kids argue on her couch after serving them lunch, her special tuna melts with fish she got fresh from the Market.

"Cmon Finn. Look, I know were anti-Capitol and all, but all our friends will be there. Like Cashmere, Gloss, Haymitch, my sisters, and uh," Cove trailed off, trying to think of the other Victors that actually liked the couple.

"Cashmere and Gloss can barely stand us, Haymitch is always drunk, and your sisters have to like us since they're related to you," Finnick said back in retaliation, looking at his girlfriend who sat comfily beside him.

"Oh! The newest Victors! Mossi and Colt! I bet they'll love to be friends with us," Cove gasped, hitting his chest lightly in excitement.

"There's rumors of Mossi losing her mind and Colt literally doesn't say a word to anyone," Finnick responded to the excited girl, smirking as he saw how excited she was to try to convince him to try to entertain the thought of a party dedicated to him.

"Oh, come on. Mossi she just likes to keep her circle small because shes still adjusting, her game was not even a year ago," Cove said back to her boyfriend in defense of the girl before continuing, "and you and Colt would get along so well! I noticed you guys were alike when I first talked to him at his Victor Gala when he first won like two years ago. And I also talked to him again at Mossi's," the girl recalled, thinking of the two newest Victors.

Colt Haze was the Victor of the 67th games, the one right after Coves. He was from District Ten, the livestock district. Because he was raised and worked on a cattle farm his entire life, he was handy with pitchforks and knives, leaving him to spear the other tributes easily. Colts games also marked the first time Cove was a mentor, leaving Finnick to hold her as they watched their tributes be speared by Colt. Cove knew she couldnt blame the boy; she had done the same thing to get back home to her sisters and Finnick.

Mossi Barche was the most recent Victor, winning the 68th games. She was from District Seven, the lumber district. She used an axe and wielded it with expertise from her years of chopping wood on a timber farm. That year Cove didnt need Finnick to hold her tightly as she watched their tributes die, instead having Koi sit beside her quietly, holding her hand.

"You talked to Colt?" Finnick asked seriously, a strange glint in his eye as he suddenly straightened his posture and faced Cove instead of lounging. He smoothed out the fitted black shirt he was wearing and the grey sweats he wore.

"Yeah, like twice. Hes super kind, well-mannered and has a thick southern accent. He didn't say much though, I think my bright personality probably scared him," Cove nodded, oblivious to the fire in her boyfriend's eyes, picking at a loose string on one of Finnick's shirts she was wearing, paired with a pair of shorts.

"Yeah, I bet he's super kind to you," Finnick grumbled, crossing his arms.

.

.

.

It's safe to say that Finnick was suddenly "enraptured" by the thought of having a huge birthday celebration at the Capitol in his honor, wanting nothing more than to show off his girlfriend to the entirety of Panem's finest. Throughout the entire celebration of Finnick, said boy kept Cove right beside him, a gentle but firm hand on her waist. He made sure to glance over in Colt's direction to see if he was watching, only to see the same-aged boy standing by himself near the corner of the bar. Finnick sighed before glancing back down to the blonde beside him, who was making causal conversation with Koi about theories over the upcoming games.