i love you, i'm sorry

-now playing "I Love You, I'm Sorry" by Gracie Abrams-

When Cove Odair got off of the stage, all Victors quickly being ushered off considering the rioting crowd, she immediately pulled Colt, Finnick, and Johanna to the side.

"Hey, I need you guys to meet me on the basement floor tonight around midnight," the blonde woman said lowly, looking around to make sure no one was watching her.

"Why? Cove, tomorrow's the day, we need to sle-" Colt started, just wanting to go to bed before being cut off by Cove, "no questions, just trust me."

Finnick just silently nodded, trusting his wife, while Johanna just walked off without any questions.

"Fine, I'll meet you in the creepy dark basement level of the Capitol," Colt huffed, walking off beside Johanna as well.

"What do you have up your sleeve, Covey?" Finnick asked, guiding his wife back up to their floor.

"You know how you said we would do anything to get us both out alive?" Cove mumbled as they walked into the elevator. Finnick nodded, eyes squinting in confusion.

"I think we might have our chance," the woman said mysteriously, leaving a million questions in the air.

.

.

.

"Why the hell are we in this dingy dark basement? I need my beauty sleep," Colt groaned, rubbing his eyes.

"Shut the fuck up, Colt. All of your complaining makes me want to start the Games early," Johanna snapped tiredly, as well. Colt looked at the girl, an offended look on his face.

"Look, I got this note from Luna earlier. It's from Haymitch and he wanted to meet us all down here," Cove said softly, wearing one of Finnick's oversized sweaters as they waited in front of the abandoned conference room, one that specifically had no cameras. 

"If this is his way of begging us to be Katniss and Peeta's allies, I'm going to freak out," Johanna rolled her eyes, wrapping her arms around herself.

"I already agreed to be their ally," Cove muttered back.

Suddenly, before Finnick could respond for the first time that night, the door behind them creaked open, revealing Haymitch, who smiled grimly.

"You listened, good. Come on in," the District Twelve Victor nodded, moving aside so they could come in.

"Why did you-" Finnick was starting before everyone stood still at the sight of Plutarch Heavensbee sitting in front of them at the long table in the middle of the room.

"Please, come sit," the silver haired man smiled.

Cove looked around surprised, looking at Haymitch in question before he nodded to the seats in front of him. The young Victors all sat down timidly, wondering why the Head Gamemaker was meeting them so late the night before the Games.

"What if I told you all there's a way that you all could make it out of that arena alive?" Plutarch started off, clasping his hands together on the table in front of them.

"Deal," Finnick said immediately, knowing this was the one chance he had of both him and his wife making it out.

"Dude, hear him out first," Colt stopped his friend, eyeing the man suspiciously.

"As you know, the rebellion has been growing, stronger than ever, especially with our very own Mockingjay now being added to the mix. It was my plan to get you all in the arena, all in one place," Plutarch took a deep breathe, noticing the glares once he said he was responsible for the reaping of Victors, before continuing, "District Thirteen will be able to rescue all Victors that help keep our Mockingjay alive during the Game."