mess

-now playing "Mess" by Noah Kahan-

The Chariot Parade was over almost as quickly as it had even began. With enough roses thrown at their chariot from just staring straight forward and not even acknowledging the crowd, the Odairs could easily fill their entire home with roses if they wanted.

As the chariots circled back to the tunnel that all of the Victors were originally waiting in, Finnick grabbed Cove's waist to help her down, not wanting her to get hurt when she stepped down.

"Be careful bending down, don't want you showing off your goods," Cove joked as she couldn't get over Finnick's net tied around his waist, "you had to have pissed off Luna."

The taller blonde just rolled his eyes, about to comment back before his eyes were caught on something else, more so, someone else.

Cove was about to look for the person who had caught his eye before tight arms wrapped around her waist, spinning her around. The woman instantly screamed, knowing it was not Finnick right off the bat, as her husband's arms were more broad and muscular.

"It's me, Cove. Calm down," a familiar voice laughed in her ear, setting her back down on her heeled feet gently.

The blonde woman spun around tensely, seeing none other than Colt Haze standing in a golden cowboy hat and matching pants. Seemingly his stylist had the same idea as Luna, as Colt wasn't wearing a shirt, his abs on broad display like Finnick's.

Finnick laughed at the situation before calming down when he realized how tense Cove had gotten, lightly elbowing his best friend in the ribs, "What did I tell you about scaring my wife?"

Cove immediately started hitting Colt on the chest lightly, pushing him back. She looked around the room, noticing her scream had caught the attention of the other tributes, making her want to shrink back into Finnick's side.

"Don't do that to me!" Cove whisper-yelled at the smirking brunette, both he and Finnick too similar for their own good.

"Calm down, CoCo," Colt smirked at the girl before pulling her into a gentle hug, rubbing her back softly.

"What kind of nickname is CoCo? Don't call her that, only I can make nicknames for her. And don't rub her back either," Finnick said half-joking and half-seriously as he pulled his wife back to his side before quickly hugging Colt himself.

"Please, I got my eye on someone else," Colt said, his country accent thick as his brown eyes gazed over the room of Victors all getting off chariots.

"Have you spoken her yet?" Cove asked, already knowing who he was talking about before he even had to say the name.

"Haven't had the chance, though I did see her trying to talk Johanna down from lunging at her stylist," the District Ten male replied, resting one of his hands against his belt buckle before continuing, "and hey, about the Games-" he started before being cut off.

"If you're about to beg for our alliance, don't worry, you already got it," Finnick smiled at his friend teasingly, his dimples on display.

Colt rolled his eyes at the blonde, about to respond before the one they were looking for interrupted him.

"There you guys are, thank God. I swear I was almost caught in a stampede by the way everyone is clearing out. I just saw Chaff kiss the new girl on the lips," Mossi Barche said, the only one not wearing a ridiculous outfit, instead sporting a black slip dress and a few pearls in her hair.

Colt immediately wrapped his arm around the small raven-haired girl's shoulders, looking over his shoulder at the crowd.

"I feel bad for Katniss and Peeta both. I can't imagine not knowing anyone here and then being expected to fight against them all," Cove said softly, eyes scanning over the youngest Victors bodies in the near-distance.