star-crossed

-now playing "star-crossed" by Kacey Musgraves-

"No fucking way!" Johanna practically screamed out of anger at the sight on the large television screen before her.

"Johanna, inside voices please," Mossi warned the girl who sat beside her, anxiously looking around at the other Victors and Capitol citizens that were scattered around the room.

"What? So they both get to go home just because they threatened to pull a little 'Romeo and Juliet'? How is that fair to us, or to our games, or to our fucking district partners that had to die?" the stubborn District Seven Victor screamed to all of her friends that surrounded her.

A worried voice on screen had just announced that Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark, both tributes from District Twelve, had both just won titles of Victors of the 74th Annual Hunger Games.

"Alright, someone needs to go grab Cove," Colt sighed, looking around at the screening room they were all in, knowing Johanna wasn't going to calm down.

Most of the friend group had been mentors that year; Colt, Mossi, Finnick, and Cove, but Johanna tagged along because she would rather be caught dead than watching the games alone back at her home in District Seven.

All of the Victors would have already left and went home after their tributes had passed, like usual, but this year's games had new rules.

One of the rules was that if the two remaining tributes were both from the same district, they could both be that year's Victors. Obviously this ruffed a lot of the traumatized Victor's feathers as many of them were close to their district partners in their games. What made this year's tributes so special?

Another rule was that the Victors who came to the Capitol this year, for either mentoring or watching, had to stay at the Capitol until the games were over, no matter if their tributes had already died or not. It was safe to say that a lot of the Victors were pissed at these new rules.

"Where did she go?" Mossi asked Colt, looking around the packed room subtlety. All she saw were feathers and sequins, some Capitol citizens either crying or cheering at the newest Victors on screen.

"I think on the balcony with Finn," Colt responded, trying to get a view of the married couple.

Mossi nodded before handing Colt her drink, "I'll be right back, keep an eye on Johanna for me," she murmured before pushing through the crowd.

.

.

.

As the raven-haired girl gently pushed through the glass doors to the balcony, she immediately heard hush whispers. It was easy to spot the two blondes, both having a type of aura that draws you in, and both were extremely attractive, the type of attractive that demanded the spotlight at all times.

Mossi couldn't hear exactly what the two were whispering about, only hearing broken sentences.

"Snow won't like-" "Two Victors is unhe-" "He has ulterior mo-" "You know he won't let this sli-"

The District Seven Victor didn't want to eavesdrop on her friends, choosing to make her appearance known instead.

"Cove, Finn?" Mossi called out, her silver dress catching the outdoor lights.

Cove Odair's head immediately snapped towards her friend's voice, looking around her husband's body to spot the girl. Finnick immediately turned around at the sound as well, a small frown coating his lips.

"Hey, Moss. Is everything okay?" the blonde girl, dressed in a lavender silk dress, asked her friend softly.

"Yeah. Johanna's kind of freaking out right now about the double Victor thing. We thought it would be best to get you," Mossi said back, feeling slightly awkward because she knew she probably interrupted a serious talk.