we can't be friends (wait for your love)

-now playing "we can't be friends (wait for your love)" by Ariana Grande-

"Covey, come out wherever you are," a teasing voice called out from the darkness.

Cove didn't know where she was, only seeing herself be in a dark forest in the middle of the night. She looked down, seeing herself only in one of Finnick's t-shirts, one that fell to her knees that she always wore to bed.

"Hello? Who's there? Where am I?" the small blonde called out, leaves crunching under her bare feet as she wrapped her arms around herself.

"Awww, don't tell me it's been too long that you forget my voice. I thought I was really important to you," the voice called out again from all directions, more sinister.

"Where are you?" Cove called again, still confused, whipping her head around to try to find who and where the voice was coming from.

"The better question is, where are you?" the voice whispered into her ear, causing the blonde to flinch and turn around, only to see nothing there.

Cove started to freak out, her breathing increasing and her heart pumping rapidly in her ears.

"Finn, Finnick. Are you there?" she called out, wanting the only person that has ever brought her peace.

"Wow, glad to see that you would still chose him, even when I'm right here, Covey," the dark voice laughed maliciously.

Then it all clicked. The only one to ever call her that other than Finnick, the only one to ever try to flirt with her, the only one who's death really stuck with her, Rush Selka.

"Rush, why are you doing this? Where are you?" Cove called out, a flash of terror appearing on her face.

"There you go, I always knew you were smarter than you let on," Rush's voice echoed out, "Just look around, you'll see where you are."

Cove looked around, feeling herself shiver from only being dressed in a t-shirt. She couldn't see much considering how dark and foggy it was in the dense forest, but she recognized the noises. The birds chirping, faint sound of water running from a waterfall nearby, and when she closed her eyes to listen more, she heard it. The faint sounds of crying and the screams of pain. Her eyes snapped open quickly.

"The arena," she whispered, seeing clearly now that she was in the section where it all started for her. Where she had her first kill. The spring sector.

"Look at you go, mastermind. We're all still here, you know? All of the people, sorry, kids that you killed," Rush said, his form finally appearing at the top of a flower trail, the only light illuminating him was the moonlight.

Cove took a step back, seeing his fatal wound from where she stabbed her katana right through his skull right in the center of her forehead. "I did what I had to for me to go home," she defended, looking away from his mutilated face.

"No, Covey. What you did to me, to all of us, was overkill. But that's your true nature, you're a killer. And the worst part is that you enjoyed it. The feeling of you being in power, our life at your fingertips, our blood covering you. You loved it," Rush taunted, walking closer to the girl who stared anywhere other than his face, not being able to stomach the site of the wounds.

"No, I didn't," Cove mumbled, feeling nauseous.

"You can't even look at me, can't even look at any of us," Rush said as he finally stood in front of the girl. The tall boy grabbed her face painfully, jerking it up so she would finally look at him and the large gaping wound on his forehead. He forced her to look around, seeing the other dead Careers circling around them, all with their fatal wounds that she had caused.