forever

-now playing "Forever" by Noah Kahan-

Cove had woken up to the feeling of a body moving next to her. Finnick and her had both taken the train down to District Ten to visit Colt for a weekend. Even though the two could never get tired of the beaches and ocean back in their home district, it was time for a change of scenery, especially with the 70th Games coming up.

Cove looked beside her where the more taller and muscular blonde laid, noticing him murmuring to himself as he slept, moving around like a shaking leaf. She quickly started rubbing his back softly, whispering gently, trying to wake him up.

"Finny, Finnick. Wake up, honey," Cove whispered to her fiancé.

The small blonde noticed that Finnick hadn't woken up yet, still whimpering. She knew he was having nightmares, them being common for all Victors. Thankfully, because it was a usual occurrence, the couple had already had a plan down for the situation.

Cove gently straddled Finnick's lap, pressing light kisses around his face, trying to wake him gently. He kept whimpering so, she spoke more loudly.

"Finnick, wake up. You're safe," she repeated over and over gently.

Finally after a few minutes, the muscular blonde woke up with a gasp, almost slamming into Cove's face if she hadn't lightly guided his shoulders back down.

"You're okay. You're out of the arena. I'm right here," Cove said as Finnick grabbed her face gently, scanning her features rapidly, like if he looked away she would disappear.

Finnick stayed silent, eyes now looking around the room, realizing he was still in District Ten with his fiancé, breathing finally slowing. He then cradled the girl who still straddled him to his chest, clutching her tightly.

"What happened?" she asked softly, noticing the way he clutched her tighter than usual.

"You were- the arena. I couldn't get to you," Finnick mumbled, still staring at the girl in his arms as if she wasn't real.

"Well, I'm right here, Finnick. You are out of the arena. Wanna take a walk outside? Maybe see the horses or walk the trail?" Cove suggested, rubbing Finnick's back.

Finnick nodded silently, softly placing Cove beside him before putting on a black shirt, his grey sweat pants, and his black converses. He watched Cove's every move as she threw on one of his white sweaters over her black shorts, throwing on her black converse, as well.

The duo quietly made their way out of Colt's house, one right in the heart of District Ten's Victor Village, before walking over to the small farm right through the trail. Finnick grasped Cove's hand tightly, leading her over to where the horses were held, the sun beginning to rise over the horizon.

"What?" Cove asked softly, smiling as she watched the farm animals, noticing Finnick keeping his gaze on her and drifting to the ring on her ring finger.

"What if we got married here?" Finnick mumbled, now looking towards the sunrise, a blush coating his cheeks.

"Hm?" Cove asked, looking up at him.

"I don't need a big wedding in front of the entire Capitol. Just want you to be mine forever," Finnick said quietly, looking back at the girl before tugging her closer to him by her hips.

"I'm already yours forever, Finn. What about the District Four marriage traditions? Like the dance?" Cove asked him, putting her hands over his.

"I don't care about that, only want you to have my last name. Call you my wife," Finnick said, the nineteen and eighteen year olds now staring at each other.