hoax

-now playing "hoax" by Taylor Swift-

Cove Alora was finally turning seventeen, making her extremely excited considering she loved parties, but she also knew that meant the 69th games were coming up in the next few months. President Snow offered the same thing to her as he did Finnick, a birthday gala in honor of her considering she was one of the top Victors, and because she was a legacy.

She still definitely hated the Capitol and all it stood for, but she would never turn down a good opportunity to see her other friends from the other districts, like Mossi and Colt. Finnick hated social interaction, though. The only reason he went to his party was because Cove had practically forced it on him, just wanting the boy to have something special, and he could never say no to her.

"Should I wear this blue one or the purple one?" Cove asked her boyfriend, who laid on her bed, showing him two different dress options as she held them up to her body.

"Purple. It's a color you don't wear much, you've been in blue a lot," Finnick said expertly, already knowing much about fashion from how much Cove talks about what Luna had been teaching her whenever she goes to visit her for routine fittings.

"Hmm, good choice," Cove smiled, putting the blue one back in a box to have it shipped back to Luna at the Capitol.

"You know my offer of just staying here and having a day at the beach always stands," Finnick said, pulling his girlfriend on top of him.

"Finn, I love you, I really do, but that's an everyday thing for us. Also, just think about the fun well have. You'll get a chance to hangout with Colt, again!" she smiled sweetly to the blonde beneath her.

Finnick playfully rolled his eyes before groaning. "Fine, but I'm not wearing a purple suit to match you. It washes me out," he replied with, making the girl laugh.

.

.

.

Cove Alora was happy. As soon as she arrived to the venue, right in the heart of the Capitol, she immediately gravitated towards Mossi, pushing Finnick in the direction of Colt as soon as they arrived.

"Do you want me to grab us a drink?" Cove offered her friend, in the middle of their conversation about the differences in District Four and Seven.

"Yes, please. Nothing crazy, though. Last time I was at another party, I was offered a pink drink that made me sick to my stomach," Mossi politely asked to her friend.

"Yeah, try not to grab anything from any servers, the drinks are probably either extremely alcoholic or will make you throw up," Cove advised as she winced, heading to the bar in the back of the venue to grab two drinks.

The blonde smiled as she passed her boyfriend on the way to the bar, him tilting his head in question at her, pulling her in by her waist as she passed in her purple silk short dress.

"I'm just grabbing drinks for Mossi and I," Cove said in Finnick's ear, barely hearing anything over the loud music, already answering his question before he asked.

"I can grab them for you," Finnick offered, not liking the idea of his small girlfriend near the bar, where most Capitol "buyers" would linger the entire night, watching women like prey.

.

.

.

Finnick recently found out from Colt about the deal Snow had been making with the other Victors, threatening their families and friends if they didn't agree to become a Capitol prostitute. Finnick became worried about his friend, thanking Cove in his mind that she received protection for all the District Four Victors. He knew of the deal, but didn't think it would come this early to his friends, Colt only turning eighteen a couple months ago.