25. 죽음

Once you and Uzui get back to the house, he fills the girls in on everything that happened. Well, minus everything that occurred after Rengoku left.

Suma smiles brightly as she pulls you into a big hug. "I'm so glad you're okay," she hums.

"I'm impressed you fought all those demons, Y/N. And with a hashira, no less," Makio adds, glaring at Uzui while Hinatsuru pulls you into a tight squeeze as well.

When they pull away, Uzui clears his throat. "Let's allow Y/N to get some rest, the real work will start for her tomorrow."

"What does that me-" you begin to ask, but he cuts you off by raising his hand and heading toward his room.

"We'll discuss it tomorrow," he says as he exits the room.

You turn to the three women and raise an eyebrow. "What was that all about?"

"Hm," Makio shrugs. "Guess you better get some sleep and find out tomorrow."

As Makio and Hinatusu turn away, they can't help but smile and look at each other.

When you get up to your room and lay in bed, there's a soft knocking on your door. A moment later, Suma walks in and closes the door behind her. She walks over to your bed and sits down, her eyes wide and a large smile on her face.

"How're you feeling?" she asks softly.

"Um, fine, I guess," you reply, not really knowing what else to say.

"Well, I think you did a great job," she smiles. "And I'm proud of you."

"Thanks," you nod. "Uh, Suma, was there something you needed? I was going to get some sleep..."

"It's just," she begins to smile, covering her mouth as she does. "I can't stop wondering what Lord Tengen meant earlier. About 'real work'."

"I don't know," you sigh as you fix your pillow under your head. "It's not like he's going to train me or anything. He's too stubborn."

"Maybe," Suma hums, tilting her head. "Or maybe he will take you to see more demons."

"I can only hope that's what it is," you sigh.

Suma then reaches out her hand and puts it in yours. "Don't worry, Y/N. We're all here to support you, whatever it is."

With that, she then stands up and leaves. Once the door closes behind her, you succumb to the darkness allowing your eyelids to grow heavy and close. It's so warm and peaceful in your bed and for the first time in awhile, the feeling of relaxation washes completely over you.

However, only a moment later, you're jolted awake. Someone is hovering over where you lay in bed. You part your lips to let out a scream, but no sound comes out.

"Shh, it's okay, Y/N. It's just me," Uzui's voice whispers to you in the darkness.

"Lord Uzui?" you repeat.

"Yes. Are you alright?"

"You mean besides from being startled awake by a large man hovering over my bed? Yeah, I'm fine," you sigh, relaxing into your bed. "What are you doing in here, anyway?"

"I'm sorry," he apologizes. "I didn't mean to scare you. But it's time to get up. We have work to do. Come to my room when you're ready."

To his room?

UZUI'S P.O.V.

When Y/N walks into my room, it looks as though I'm watching a walking corpse. I don't think I've ever seen her so tired, and she's gone days without sleeping before.

"What time is it?" she yawns as she sits in my desk chair.

"Two in the morning," I answer excitedly. "It's a new day!"

"So this is our important work?" she asks drowsily. "Waking up at an ungodly hour?"

"No," I shake my head before reaching over to grab the clothes that I had laid out. "I wanted to give you this."

I show her the dark green and gold two-piece outfit that I had picked out for her. I think it goes perfectly with what the other three women wear and it's about time she joined them in wearing something similar.

Y/N looks down at the clothing, her eyes wide. "Is that me?" she asks.

"Yes," I nod.

"Master Uzui it's very nice and all but I, uh, don't think it's quite my style..."

"It's fine," I shrug, not understanding why she would say such a thing. "I had it made especially for you."

She shakes her head and looks down at the clothes once more.

"Well, if you want to become a demon slayer one day then you'll have to learn to follow orders," I tell her as I push the clothes into her arms. "Now get changed."

Her face heats up as she's forced to take the clothes that may or may not be a size too small.

"Fine," she mutters. "Turn around."

"What? Why?"

"Because I don't want you staring at me," she scoffs.

"Y/N," I sigh, shaking my head. "There's no need to be shy. I have three wives. You don't think I'm used to seeing a woman's body by now?"

"I don't care, it's weird," she insists, still obviously embarrassed.

"Fine," I sigh, turning around.

While she gets changed, I patiently wait and listen to the sounds of her undressing.

"Okay, done," she announces a moment later.

I turn back around and see her in the two-piece outfit. I smile happily, knowing it looks even better on her than I imagined. "You look beautiful in it."

"Really?" she blushes, looking down at her hands. "Better than anything you could've imagined, right?"

How did she know what I was thinking? I almost want to ask, but she continues to avoid my gaze. "I think the color matches your complexion perfectly. I'm quite happy with my choice."

"Can you please stop staring," she then sighs.

"No," I answer, standing up a bit straighter. "There's something else I must tell you. Before we leave there are three rules you must follow at all times. It is my personal ideology and, despite how you may feel about me one way or another, you will follow it as my apprentice. Do you understand?"

Y/N simply nods, awaiting the rules.

"Rule number one, put your own life above everything else. Second comes respectable human begins. And lastly, me. But the most important part of all is to never break these rules. Are we clear?"

"Crystal," she answers, although her tone tells me she's still a bit uncertain.

"Good," I nod. "Then let's go."

Y/N doesn't question me and instead, simply follows me out of the house. Together, we walk to the same forest where she had been with Rengoku. I figured she should finish the job she started. But this time, with me.

A/N: Happy 2024 everyone!! I'm so glad you're here reading my story <3 I added a picture of what Y/N's new outfit might look like for you :)