38

"3...2...1...and mission complete" Kira whispered to herself with a sense of accomplishment as she watched the little girl's eyes shut closed as Jihye fell asleep within five minutes of being tucked into bed, simply because Kira decided to read the final draft of her thesis to her instead of a bed time story.

"Me too Jihye, me too" Kira sighed, taking her laptop off her lap and slowly walking out of her bedroom, turning off the dimmed lights and making her way down the dark hallway to the living room.

She looked at the vinyl player which she noticed Jaehyun had moved from the study to the living room, along with the bookshelf that held them in an orderly fashion. He didn't have many, but the ones he had sparked interest inside her. She found herself seated cross legged on the floor, going through each record, looking at the songs each album held.

She smiled at the black cigarettes after sex record, quickly taking it out of its protective sleeve before placing it on the plate, allowing it to spin and let the speakers do their job. She picked up the paintbrush that was left unattended at the coffee table, making tweaks to the portrait she had painted of Jaehyun, which the help of Jihye who was determined to help her finish the masterpiece. The two had been working on the piece for ages, successfully hiding it under the sofa so he wouldn't find it.

Her phone buzzed aggressively against the wooden table, getting her attention. She eyed the portrait once more, smiling to herself at the finished result, before she placed her signature next to Jihye's one, which she spent time practicing with Kira.

She placed the portrait back under the couch, picking up her phone and opened the groupchat that had a long string of messages.

Neo College Therapy (ft. Foreign Swaggerz)

Haerin: are you guys okay?

Kai: please don't cry guys 🥺🥺

Eunhye: I'm actually in tears here

Taehyun: i hate this.

Taehyun: why does Taeyong have to go to the military

Taehyun: can they just take me instead????

Taehyun: ILL SHAVE MY HEAD

Krit: I'm sorry to hear abt Taeil and Yong guys but dw like you'll be fineeeeee 😫😫

Haerin: no I'm actually sad this is too much

Haerin: i was literally having the time of life yesterday

Wait what's going on??

Haerin: Taeyong announced he's going to the military with Taeil

WHAT????

Eunhye: yeah in like jan

Eunhye: so this might be their last concert together as a group for a while

ARE U KIDDING ME????

And I wasn't there??????!!!!

Kai: now who's fault was that 😐

Kai: yo mark are u okay bro?

WHY WOULDNT HE BE OKAY OMG

Haerin: BRO HE WAS BAWLING

Eunhye: no wonder they were so emotional yesterday

Eunhye: they probs knew this was going to be announced