Chapter 20

Usagi had been standing in Tellu's dressing room for several hours, diligently trying on wedding dresses. The pressure was heavy in the air as a final decision had to be made today. Tellu was a perfectionist, and the idea of a wedding without a breathtaking bridal gown was simply unthinkable for her.

Despite their efforts, they had managed to narrow down the selection to four potential dresses. However, Usagi longed for an end to this endless process. Tellu, on the other hand, saw things differently and now began to combine each dress with various accessories. The story seemed to be dragging on, and Usagi was gradually losing interest in the procedure. Makoto sat exhausted in a chair, and her motivation had visibly declined as well. The only ones still discussing details were Mimete and Tellu.

Usagi stepped out of the dressing room once again, stepped onto the small podium, and began to turn slowly. When she noticed the radiant smile on Tellu's face, she felt a glimmer of hope and returned the smile. The chosen wedding dress radiated in pure white, like freshly fallen snow. The fabric was fine and delicately shimmering. The intricately crafted top emphasized Usagi's petite figure. The dress's skirt consisted of several layers of soft tulle that laid lightly and airy over the floor. A playful gathering on the dress's side added a charming accent, and white flowers seemed to bloom artfully from the fabric. The long train of the wedding dress completed the majestic picture, extending gracefully several meters over the floor.

"I think we've got it," Mimete's euphoric voice sounded. However, a furrow formed on Tellu's forehead, a look Usagi knew well. She was not satisfied yet. "Not quite, Serena. I'd like to try the dress with a hoop skirt. I think it will fall more beautifully that way. But yes, overall, I also think it would be very fitting. What do you think, Serena? Do you like it?"

Usagi turned one last time in front of the mirror and admired herself in the dreamy white dress. "Yes, it's really beautiful," she whispered, trying to conceal her exhaustion.

"Alright, then hop hop. Put on the hoop skirt so I can pin everything. Then we can start working on your outfit for tonight," Tellu announced energetically. Internally, Usagi sighed, but she complied with her stylist's will. As soon as Usagi put on the hoop skirt, Tellu hurried after her to skillfully pin the necessary adjustments. Afterwards, Mimete helped Usagi out of the magnificent dress. "We just need a short moment here, take a little break."

Exhausted, Usagi sat down next to Makoto. "Are you also coming with us later?" she asked the brunette. "No," Makoto replied calmly, "your fiancé insisted on picking you up and bringing you back. So far, it's worked out well. Your father has agreed to it too." A small stone fell from Usagi's heart because at least this way, she would have the chance to talk to Seiya.

Their break was considerably shorter than expected, as Tellu was soon swirling around her again. A light blue dress hung over her arm. "It's just a small winter reception, nothing big, so I thought something simple would be appropriate. How do you like it?" Since Usagi's interest in another fashion show was very low, she simply nodded in agreement. Hours passed until she was finally ready. The process was exhausting, but the result made Usagi radiate in the light blue dress, and Tellu seemed satisfied too.

Taiki stood in the reception hall, engaged in lively conversation with Kenji, when suddenly the soft sound of Usagi's footsteps permeated the atmosphere. The two fell silent abruptly and turned to her. "If I'm interrupting, I can go back upstairs," she said with a hint of uncertainty. "No, no, you're not interrupting. You look, as always, enchanting. Shall we leave then?" Taiki replied, planting a little kiss on her cheek. "If that's okay with Father," Usagi answered, with an underlying tone as she pronounced the word "Father." "Of course, after all, you two will be married in a few days. Taiki will keep an eye on you," Kenji added. Usagi could hardly get away from Kenji fast enough. Since the slap he had given her, she exchanged only the necessary words with him. Mentally, she counted down the moments until she could finally leave this house.