Chapter 52

Usagi's hand pressed heavily on the doorknob of Kenji's office. Her gaze nervously swept through the corridor, while Makoto gave her an encouraging smile. This was the point of no return. Without knocking, she pushed open the heavy door, immediately capturing her father's attention.

"Serena, what an unexpected surprise. What can I do for you?" Kenji's voice sounded with feigned friendliness. He gestured invitingly to the chair opposite him. With a queasy feeling, she took a seat, inwardly wishing she had stayed standing. She turned her head to Makoto, who stood by the door, keeping her vigilant eyes on her.

"Send her out. I won't harm you, after all, you're my daughter. I expect you to speak to me alone if you have something to say," Kenji said distantly, his gaze assessing Makoto.

Despite the gnawing discomfort in her stomach, she was determined to face Kenji alone. "It's okay. Wait outside the door. It won't take long," she tried to reassure her companion.

As the door closed behind Makoto, Usagi flinched instantly. "Well, you want to talk to me. About what?" Kenji asked with an impenetrable expression.

"I have fulfilled all your contract terms. Therefore, I want to see my sister," Usagi presented her demands more confidently than she had thought.

Kenji's mouth twitched suspiciously upward, and he adjusted his glasses. Unnoticed by Usagi, he pressed a small, inconspicuous button on his desk. "So, this is what you want..." he said, intertwining his fingers. Finally, Usagi gathered her courage.

"Yes, you promised that if I fulfilled all the conditions, I could see her," Usagi insisted on her right.

"So, you're pregnant?" Kenji asked skeptically.

"That's right. Kakashi already knows, and the press release will go out in a few weeks."

Something flickered suspiciously in Kenji's eyes, and he stood up. Slowly, he circled his daughter like a predator. But this time, Usagi felt that it wasn't just about control but about a hidden darkness deeply rooted in the family history.

"I never expected you to be useful to me so quickly." With deliberate steps, he walked to the fireplace. Usagi couldn't exactly see what he was doing, as her back was turned to him. But in the next few seconds, events unfolded rapidly. A hidden door in the bookshelf opened. Two men burst in and grabbed Usagi before she could react or scream. The last thing she felt was a cloth over her face, and then an overwhelming fatigue took over.

Restless, Makoto paced back and forth in front of the door. Something was wrong. It was taking far too long. Besides, she knew the old Tsukino – he was never the calmest.

Minutes passed like hours, and Makoto's worries grew with each moment. Her instinct told her that something sinister lurked behind that closed door. Suddenly, an ominous feeling shot through her, and without hesitation, she flung the door open.

The sight that greeted her took her breath away. Usagi was gone. Kenji sat alone behind his large desk, grinning slyly at her.

"Oh, so you're still here. Then you can take this to your boss. Serena will demand an immediate divorce from Taiki Kou. All the details are in the letter."

Panic seized the brunette. "Where is she?"

"On her way to a secure location," Kenji said without looking up. Makoto slammed her hands on his desk. "What have you done to her? Where is she? Tell me right now where Serena is!" Makoto hissed at him. But the older man had only a tired smile for her. "As I said, at a secure location, and now I ask you to leave. Your services are no longer needed." Kenji pressed another button, and Rubeus entered the office shortly after.