Chapter 95

Drenched in sweat, he jolted awake.

For a week now, he'd been tormented by the same recurring dream that he simply couldn't understand. In it, he stood in a small clinic, a woman he barely recognized walked past him, and then suddenly disappeared. Seconds later, he was faced with a pair of large blue eyes that he couldn't place.

He ran his hand through his short hair, a glance at the clock revealing it was still the middle of the night. His eyes then settled on the woman sleeping on the other side of the bed. Her long red hair cascaded over the sheets, and the steady rhythm of her breathing soothed him.

Rubeus had assured him that his memory would soon return, and that Eugeal, his fiancée, had been sick with worry when she heard about the accident. This large villa felt both foreign and familiar to him.

Kenji, his employer, had announced that his new job would be in the Hokkaido region, and that he had to leave at the beginning of next week, regardless of his current condition. The memory loss was weighing heavily on him, and every night it was the same: he woke up in a cold sweat and went over everything he knew.

Even now, he rested his forehead in his hands and began this ritual.
He was Kazuya Yamato, an assassin and informant working for Kenji Tsukino, engaged to his best friend's sister. But no matter how hard he racked his brain, he couldn't remember anything. It was as if someone had simply erased his past life from his mind. The only thing that distracted him was the daily training with Rubeus, where he didn't have to think. He just let his body take over, reacting quickly and instinctively, even though he initially thought it impossible.

Suddenly, he felt a gentle touch on his bare chest, delicate fingers drawing small circles on his skin. "Lie back down. You still have time before Rubeus comes to pick you up for training," the woman murmured, gently pushing him back into the pillows.

He slowly wrapped his arm around her and began to stroke her back. He might have loved this woman in his previous life, but at the moment, it felt strange lying next to her. Even the sex from the previous night felt odd to him; he couldn't quite describe it, but he was sure something was wrong.

Before he could dwell on it further, he felt her demanding lips on his, and before he knew it, the redhead was straddling him, a seductive grin on her lips. He briefly admired her well-formed body, now fully visible to him, and then pushed aside the nagging doubts. Her full breasts were enticingly presented to him, and her hips were already teasingly moving against him. He was only human, and she was, after all, his fiancée, who was clearly insatiable.

Hours later, he awoke again, the first rays of sunlight struggling through the heavy curtains. He blinked slowly and looked around; Eugeal was still sleeping peacefully beside him, and he watched her for a moment. She still felt completely unfamiliar to him, yet everyone told him the same thing: she was his fiancée. But those blue eyes that haunted him every night definitely didn't belong to her, as hers were a piercing red, a stark contrast.

Thoughtfully, he got up, slipped into a pair of black jogging pants, pulled on a fresh shirt, and grabbed a jacket. In the past two days, he had already used the sprawling estate to go jogging; it allowed him to at least tune out his surroundings and be alone with his thoughts. Finally, he grabbed the headphones from the nightstand and left the room.

He had been jogging for a while, sweat running down his back, when suddenly his phone rang. Without stopping, he tapped the side of his headphones twice to answer the call.
"Kazuya? Where the hell are you?! The boss wants to see us, now!" Rubeus's voice growled.
The brown-haired man immediately changed direction and began running back toward the main building. "I was just out for a run to clear my head. Give me five minutes. In the office?"
"Yes, in the office. Hurry up, we're waiting."