Chapter 54

Usagi turned hesitantly, her eyes meeting Naru's familiar figure, and a hint of relief washed over her. "Usa? Is it you?" Naru asked gently, but Usagi was unable to respond. Instead, she fell into Naru's arms, sobbing under her protection. Naru was initially taken aback, but then she lovingly embraced Usagi and soothingly stroked her back.

"It will surely be okay. Come with me to our spot and calm down a bit. Have you eaten anything today?" Naru asked empathetically, leading Usagi to an improvised sleeping place near the burning barrels. The blonde shook her head, her emotions choking her appetite. She sat down beside Naru's little brother, who was already deeply asleep, pulled her legs close, and wrapped her arms around them.

Naru offered her a hard piece of bread. "Here, take it. You look like you need it. It's not much, but you know how it is." Usagi gratefully smiled at her but declined, "No, it's okay. Keep your supplies. You need them more. Besides, I have no appetite."

Naru noticed Usagi's longing gaze directed at the flames. She covered her brother once again, sitting silently beside Usagi. Conversations about the circumstances that led each of them here were rare, but Usagi used to be open about it. So, Naru tried again.

"Usa, may I ask what happened? When we last met, you seemed fine. I hope you don't consider me nosy now, but I just want to understand. I never expected to meet you here again."

Usagi lowered her gaze, and her eyes reflected the pain buried deep within her. A heavy sigh escaped her, and the events of the past hours flooded back into her consciousness. She remained silent for a while, unsure of how to respond or what steps to take. But one thing was clear to her: she couldn't go back to the tower, nor did she want to continue being a pawn for her father. Kenji would undoubtedly have the tower guarded, as well as Taiki's external office and most likely the harbor. Then an idea struck her.

"That's the problem; I hardly understand it myself. The events suddenly escalated. All I know is that I can't just go back," she finally revealed, her gaze still fixed on the fire. Naru silently accepted her answer, and they sat together in silence for a while. Suddenly, Usagi turned to her, and the thought from earlier had transformed into a plan.

Usagi's cold fingers clasped Naru's, and her gaze was pleading. "Naru, can I ask you for a favor?" The fear in her voice was unmistakable.

"Yes, of course. What is it?" Naru responded immediately.

"Can you go to the harbor for me tomorrow morning and deliver a message to Seiya Kou?"

"Is he your husband?" Naru inquired, looking at Usagi from the side.

Usagi closed her eyes and shook her head slightly. "No," she replied shortly, adding in her thoughts how much she wished it were true. Naru's eyes briefly lingered on the brunette boy behind her.

"Am I putting myself in danger by doing this?" Naru asked.

Usagi paused for a moment. She would have liked to say "no," but she wanted to be honest with her good acquaintance, who was currently her only hope of contacting Seiya. "I hope not. No one knows that we know each other... But it's possible that someone is watching Seiya," she broke off her explanation. Unconsciously, her hand drifted back to her lower abdomen, and she realized that she and her unborn children were even more valuable to him.

Naru's expression became serious, and she began to ponder Usagi's words deeply. Finally, she nodded. "Usa, I'll do it, but promise me that you'll keep an eye on him while I'm on the way... and... if something happens to me, take care of him," she whispered to Usagi, gently stroking her brother's back.

Usagi felt a lump in her throat and nodded silently.

__

Taiki and Seiya had already left with Yaten's men from the estate. The villa appeared deserted, Kenji had disappeared, and a heavy silence surrounded the abandoned property. Seiya grumbled discontentedly in the passenger seat of Taiki's car. He had reluctantly handed over his car keys to Haruka. Until the last moment, he had been convinced that he was still capable of searching for Usagi or at least driving himself. However, his brother and his best friend had outvoted him. So he conceded, with crossed arms, scrutinizing the passing surroundings.