Chapter 32

Michiru glanced over her shoulder and then turned back to Taiki. "She said she belongs to Serena," she informed before stepping aside. Usagi's face brightened. "Makoto, what are you doing here? I told you I'd ride back with Taiki." Taiki breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Chiru. Yes, in a way, she belongs to us now. We'll clarify that," he said, gesturing for Makoto to take a seat at one of the free chairs.

"Well, actually, I didn't plan on coming in at all. But somehow, I had a strange feeling leaving you at a place like this. I just wanted to check if you're okay," Makoto began explaining. "You're genuinely concerned about my safety?" Usagi asked, somewhat surprised, and Makoto nodded. "And who says you weren't spying here for Kenji?" Seiya inquired suspiciously.

A slight horror appeared on Makoto's face, and to their relief, Taiki intervened. "Quite simple, Seiya. Makoto is on my payroll, from the very beginning. I had chosen her for Mina back then and approached Kenji, but before she could start her job, the accident happened. When Kenji approached her later because of Serena, she immediately contacted me. Mako was my mole in the Tsukino villa; she has protected Serena from Kenji multiple times."

Now, Usagi and Seiya were utterly confused. Astonished, they looked from Taiki to Makoto and back. "You were a mole? Since the beginning?" Usagi asked, mouth agape. Makoto nodded with a slight smile. "Yes, that's right. I was supposed to gather information and intervene in case of emergency."

"And when were you planning to tell us that she works for us? Does Yaten know about it?" Seiya pressed on. "Yes, he knows. He even introduced me to her back then. I just didn't think this information would be relevant to you. But I think we wasted enough time now. I'll check on Yaten and then drive with him to Father's," with these words, Taiki stood up, gave Usagi a farewell kiss on the cheek. "We'll see you later at home."

Now, Usagi, Makoto, and Seiya were left behind, and the tension in the air increased significantly. Seiya couldn't stay silent any longer and addressed Usagi directly, "Are you really sure you want to go to Kenji?"

Usagi looked at him with a determined gaze. "Yes, I'm sure. It's finally time for me to confront him and make it clear that he has crossed some boundaries. Besides, I want answers, and only he can give them to me." Makoto, who had been mostly silent, couldn't withhold her concerns. "Serena, I understand your desire for confrontation, but we need to be cautious. Kenji is not an ordinary opponent, and his power reaches far, we shouldn't underestimate that. Besides, he's very impulsive." Usagi sighed as she brushed a strand of hair from her face. "Makoto, I know that... I've experienced it firsthand. But I can't watch idly anymore. He has my siblings or at least Chibiusa in his custody. I have to try... I owe it to her." Her eyes reflected determination and, at the same time, concern for her loved ones.

"I understand that you want to defend yourself. But maybe we should make a plan before walking straight to Kenji. Go through again what you want to say to him...", Makoto expressed further concerns. "Believe me, I'm prepared, and I've been thinking for days about what to say to him when he's in front of me."

After a short moment of contemplation, Makoto agreed. "Okay, if we're doing this, then I'll accompany you." "And if you just ride with her?" Seiya asked, his gaze avoiding Makoto, attempting to grasp at this lifeline to avoid falling into temptation again.

Usagi noticed exactly that he was trying to avoid her. When Taiki suggested that Seiya accompany her, she suddenly felt empowered, but now she wavered. She firmly grasped Seiya's hand and whispered, "Seiya, what have I done that you're ignoring me like this? I want you to be there, please."

Seiya's heart tightened as he looked into her eyes. He gently placed his hand on her cheek. Ignoring Makoto's presence, both seemed to forget about her for a moment. "Do you know how hard you make it for me?" he whispered almost inaudibly and pulled her into his arms. Delicate tears streamed down Usagi's cheeks. "I told you, if you need me, I'll be there," he whispered into her ear.