Chapter 75

Taiki stood in Makoto's apartment, waiting for Usagi to be ready to go out. Smirking, he glanced at his wristwatch. It was always the same. Petzite wasn't finished with the perfect styling yet. But suddenly, the unexpected ringing of his phone broke the silence. He furrowed his brow slightly as he saw the call. Why was Mamoru calling now? After all, they were supposed to meet in half an hour anyway. Nevertheless, he answered the call.

"Kou, I'm afraid I have to cancel for today. Something came up," Mamoru's voice came through the receiver, tense.

"Okay, I understand. What about the coming days? I don't think we should wait too long," Taiki tried to remain professional even though his gut feeling told him there was more to this.

"I'll let you know. But you should keep an eye on your brother," Mamoru advised him.

Taiki's thoughts raced. It could only be about Yaten. Seiya had been out on fieldwork with Haruka today and was currently lying completely exhausted on his couch, announcing he wouldn't leave it anymore.

Taiki took a sharp breath and rubbed his eyebrows. "What did he do?" he asked, though he wasn't sure if he really wanted to hear the answer.

"I'm trying to find out, but my wife isn't exactly communicative at the moment. All I can tell you is that he was here and talked to her. Then he left the estate in a rage," Mamoru informed him of the relevant facts.

Taiki shook his head silently. Just when he thought there would finally be some peace in his life, the next catastrophe unfolded.

"Alright. I'll go see where he's hanging around. Have a good evening. We'll see each other at the next meeting at the latest," he said, his thoughts already on the next steps he needed to take.

"Thanks, likewise," Mamoru replied, but the tension in the air was palpable.

Taiki tightened his grip on his phone. This couldn't be true. "Serena, you can change back into your regular clothes. Dinner at the Chibas' is off," he called back into the dressing room. An indignant Petzite rushed into the hallway.

"Taiki, are you serious? She looks stunning. I just finished. This outfit must be seen. Your wife looks simply fabulous in this outfit," she said, hands on hips, giving him an accusatory look. Usagi peeked shyly around the corner. Petzite was right, even though he didn't see her fully, she seemed truly stunning. Just like every time Petzite was done with her.

"If you're not going to the dinner, you should at least take her out to eat. Elysium Elegance just opened last week and is supposed to be very good. Everyone who's anyone has already been seen there, except for the Kous and the Chibas," Petzite continued, pulling out her phone. "Should I reserve a table for you?"

Taiki glanced at Usagi, who looked at him expectantly. Tonight was supposed to be their evening together in the penthouse, and since Seiya assumed they were dining at the Chibas', he wouldn't wait for them. Amy had gone to her mother's today to take care of some things; she wouldn't be back until tomorrow. But there was still the issue with Yaten that he needed to sort out beforehand. Usagi and Petzite looked at him with hopeful expressions. With a sigh, he gave in.

"I just need to find out something first. Then we can go. I think it's actually a good idea for us to be seen alone in public," he said, noticing the smile on Usagi's face. The idea of going out seemed to really please her.

"If you would excuse me for a moment," he said, turning to the door. In the stairwell, he stood by the window and immediately dialed Yaten's number. It rang several times and then went to voicemail. On his second attempt, Yaten had already turned off his phone.

> Yaten, what was going on at the Chiba villa and where are you?! Get in touch immediately!< Taiki

__