Chapter 66

With screeching tires, Yaten pulled up at the terminal, abruptly turned his steering wheel, and parked with flair right next to Haruka's car. The attention of the others was instantly guaranteed. He scratched his head nervously as he approached the waiting group.

"Are you serious? First, you're half an hour late, and then you show up with a sports car? Aren't there enough cars in the parking garage? Where are we going to sit, and where will we put the luggage? There's no room in there," Seiya greeted his brother impatiently.

Damn it, the youngest hadn't thought about this. He not only had to accommodate two people, which was already tight in this car, but also their luggage. It bordered on the impossible. His gaze shifted to the car next to him. Haruka made a much better choice with her spacious SUV, offering significantly more space. But even there, it could be tight to fit all four suitcases plus carry-ons. At least one suitcase had to be accommodated next to Yaten, he calculated in his mind.

"Uh... something came up... Just be glad I managed to pick you up at all," Yaten grumbled back and wanted to end the conversation immediately. He needed to analyze everything for himself first before informing his brothers, but they had already become suspicious.

"So, what was so important?" Taiki inquired, crossing his arms over his chest. He stared at the silver-haired man, waiting for an explanation.

Yaten knew he couldn't make any impulsive moves now, but his brothers, and even Haruka, knew him well enough to expose a lie immediately. Quickly grabbing one of the suitcases, he rolled it in the direction of his car.

"I was at the Chibas. I had to check something important there... but that's not a street topic," he nonchalantly declared, tossing the suitcase onto the narrow back seat. "So, I think Serena or Amy could find a place in the back next to the suitcase. It's definitely too cramped for you guys back there. We can discuss everything else at home. It might take a while to tell you everything that happened here while you were getting baked in the sun," he added, leaning casually on the open driver's door.

He felt the piercing gazes of Seiya and Taiki on him, and even Haruka didn't know everything yet. Only Amy and Usagi seemed uninterested in this conversation, as both were barely able to keep their eyes open while standing.

"Well, I also think we should discuss this at home... after we've had a decent night's sleep," Usagi yawned and squeezed past Yaten to take a seat next to the suitcase.

Taiki and Seiya communicated silently through their looks, and Taiki then took a seat on Yaten's passenger side, while Seiya, along with Amy, joined Haruka in her car. Yet, even in this seemingly calm moment, they felt an uneasy tension.

An conspicuous person with a camera had been following them since the baggage claim, always at a certain distance. The unknown figure was skilled enough not to immediately attract their attention, but they had noticed him a while ago. To be on the safe side, Taiki and Seiya had already paid attention in the airport hall to behave accordingly with their official partners. Because no one could rule out who was behind the camera. It was only certain that it wasn't one of their own people. With a bit of luck, it was just a harmless paparazzo excited that they crossed his lens. However, the possibility that it was someone from Kenji's people was just as real, and they didn't want to take any risks. Every movement, every look, every gesture had to convince.

__

Mamoru leaned against the wall in the living room, his gaze resting on his wife, who sat motionless in front of the warming fireplace, lost in thought. Despite the heavy silence between them, she effortlessly withstood his scrutinizing look when she looked up at him.

"He knows," Mamoru said, breaking the oppressive silence that lingered between them.

"Knows what exactly?" Minako asked sharply. The speculations and uncertainties were plaguing her, and she wanted certainty. Yaten hadn't come here without reason, and the knowledge that he had inquired about her intensified her uncertainty. The words had to come from Mamoru's mouth; she didn't want to speculate any longer. For a while, she even considered confronting Yaten, but it would have taken too long to put on her special disguise. She couldn't and didn't want to face the Silver Blonde as herself. Rei had finally resolved her inner conflict and went to check on the men.