Chapter 61

Taiki stepped off the plane, his gaze sweeping the vast hall. The sounds of bustling activity reached his ears as he navigated through the crowd. Amy had landed several hours ago. To avoid further speculation from Kenji, they had decided to fly separately and not take a direct flight. Seiya and Usagi should have landed by now as well.

His eyes scanned the gate, but no familiar faces were in sight. With a soft sigh, he grabbed his small carry-on suitcase and followed the stream of people to the baggage claim. Even here, he remained vigilant, watching his surroundings. Only when he was sure he was alone did he relax a bit. No pursuers, that was a good sign.

With a practiced move, he lifted both his own suitcase and the one containing Usagi's belongings from the carousel and placed them on a luggage cart. The events and their potential consequences had occupied his thoughts throughout the entire flight and still lingered in his mind. Only when a firm hand landed on his shoulder did he snap back to reality, turning to face his brother, whose blue eyes met his.

"Good to see you finally made it, Tai. We were starting to think you wouldn't make it at all," the black-haired one greeted him. Taiki managed a forced smile. He hadn't expected his brother to catch him off guard like this. He desperately needed rest and recovery, and that became clear to him in this moment. "Yeah, it's good to see you too. Where are the women?" he asked tersely, his eyes searching for the familiar faces of Usagi and Amy, but the crowd swallowed any trace of them. Seiya, on the other hand, remained remarkably calm. He seemed as relaxed as Taiki had not seen him in a long time, taking the luggage cart from his older brother and assuming the lead.

"They're waiting in the car. I thought it would be best to shield them from prying eyes. By the way, Amy already gave me an earful because no one changed my bandages... I didn't know she could be so bossy. Of course, she rectified that right away, and Usagi, to the best of her ability, also scrutinized me," he reported on their way and chuckled. "Very efficient in her approach."

A wry grin appeared on Taiki's lips. He had encountered this side of his beloved as well. "Yes, that's one of her strengths. But tell me, how is Serena? Did she handle the flight well?" he inquired about his wife, following Seiya outside.

"Yes, everything is fine. However, both the doctor at the clinic and our private physician agreed that she really needs rest. So, I suggest we head to the accommodation now," Seiya explained further, opening the trunk of a large black SUV.

Then, Taiki spotted Amy's blue hair inside the car, and Usagi's familiar blonde mane came into view. He smiled with relief. When Seiya reached for the first suitcase, Taiki stopped him. Seiya looked at him in surprise. "What's wrong? Why shouldn't I load the suitcases?"

"Serena, could you please step out for a moment?" Taiki called into the car, handing Seiya his phone at the same time. "I've developed a strategy during the flight to counter Kenji's statements a bit. We'll share our 'honeymoon' with the public. This will make Kenji's accusations of infidelity less credible, and attempting to file for divorce will be more challenging for him when everyone sees how happy we are... So, you'll take a quick picture of us with the suitcases as the beginning of our journey," Taiki paused, glancing at Amy through the open trunk. Then he turned to Seiya, a slightly uneasy feeling creeping into his stomach. "And... I need to ask you for something, Seiya," he continued, his gaze shifting back to Amy before addressing his brother more seriously. "To provide Amy with more protection, I ask you to present yourself on social media as her life partner. This way, we can legitimately explain why she's back in Tokyo and why she lives in the Tower," he concluded, explaining his plan.

Seiya looked at his brother in slight shock and then through the trunk opening at Amy. The blue-haired woman was also visibly overwhelmed by Taiki's suggestion, and a shy blush played on her cheeks. "Are you really sure about the plan? I mean, I have to pose for pictures with Amy and pretend she's my girlfriend? I'm just saying..." Seiya stammered, trying to find the right words, but it didn't quite work. Taiki handed him his phone insistently. "It's just for pictures, Seiya, just like Serena and I have been handling it since the beginning. You'll manage." "Do you really mean it?" the younger one reassured himself. Taiki briefly closed his eyes and audibly took a deep breath. "Yes, I see no other option. Even though we usually avoid the media, it's the only weapon we have right now, so we'll use it."