28. one more chance

Please please please vote guys I really need the votesss!!

Hope you're enjoying the book so far :)

IMPORTANT!!

I've noticed that some chapters have more reads than the ones before them so if you realize that the book does not make sense at all check if you're reading the right chapter 🥲

(Sophia's pov)

It was the next day and my sadness turned into anger pretty fast. Who does he think he is? I thought to myself. I did nothing to deserve the way he talked to me.

He tried to call me in the morning around 11. When me Ellie and Jade were sitting on the couch watching some reality tv and eating our breakfast.

I didn't pick up, not wanting to hear his voice after his behavior of the previous night. "Is that the friend?" Ellie quietly asked me not knowing if she could ask that or not. I nodded not looking at either of them, knowing Jade was staring into my soul because I wasn't picking up. "Did the call not go so well last night?" She asked and Jade looked confused, obviously because she was so drunk last night.

"Let's just say that this friend of mine, is the most beautiful person inside and out with ambition and dreams, an open mind and a free spirit. But has a lot of shit to deal with mentally and at home so he isn't really good at forming relationships. I try my best every single day to make him feel better and every time things finally go well, he ruins things." I explained putting my plate down not feeling hungry anymore.

"Mind you that this person she's talking about isn't used to feeling loved and worthy of something so when she gets too close he probably panicks" jade defensively said.

Ellie was silent for a second. "If he really means so much to you and needs you around which sounds like is really the case, you should try to talk to him. Give him one more chance. Obviously you don't have to immediately I mean take your time you don't deserve this either, but don't give up on a friendship that means so much to you. It's your birthday in 4 days wouldn't it be great to have him around then?" Ellie placed her hand on my thigh and gave me a comforting smile. "I'll see when I feel like talking to him thanks" I smiled.

My phone rang again and both Jade and Ellie were now staring at me. I didn't make eye contact with either of them and increased the volume of the tv. They understood that I wasn't going to pick up and ignored it as well.

After a while Ellie and Jade went shopping. Ofcourse the plan was to all go but I felt a bit down. The only thing on my mind was Harry. I was still angry at him and still didn't want to talk to him but that didn't make it any easier.

Normally I'd feel guilty, worried, scared, responsible or whatever for his behavior but I was growing tired of the way he acted. Trauma is an explanation for certain behavior but it isn't an excuse.

I for once wasn't worried about where he was or who he was with and surprisingly didn't feel guilty about it either. The more time I got to think about the situation, the less I cared about it. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to make up with him before my birthday because if I did he would probably leave again and ruin my day.

I had better things to think about. School was starting again and I could focus on that. I would focus on that.

I regretted not joining Jade and Ellie after I realized it was no use to feel bad about the situation. It would always end this way anyhow.