10 - Nothing

TW: Sexual content

By the time I wake up the next morning, Dan has already left for work. I haven't seen him much since I left for Mel's yesterday. Only yelled goodnight when I came home just before 10 and went straight to my room.

Though it was nice enough to fix the fence together yesterday, I'm happy to have the place to myself for the day. I make a sandwich and plunge down on the couch to watch some mindless program while I have my breakfast. And try to figure out what I'm going to go with my day.

Some time later, I've burned through three episodes of Say yes to the Dress and I haven't come up with anything productive to do. But then I get an unexpected message.

Hey what's up? Heard from Liv that you're back in town.

It's from Calvin. This guy I've been hooking up with on and off since about the last year of high school. He's cute but he's not the kind of guy to have an actual meaningful conversation with. So it's always stayed superficial, which works just fine for me.

Yes, back for the summer!

At least.

How are you?

I'm good, he responds. Wanna come over and catch up?

Catch up? I know what that means with this guy. Maybe a couple of minutes of So what have you been up to? before we end up in his bed.

I take a look at the clock. I have plans to have dinner with Mel again tonight but she won't get off work until 5 and it's only 1.30 now. So with no other plans besides more reruns of stupid shows I've already seen, I figure, why not?

---

Calvin's a handsome guy. Tall, muscular, beautiful dark eyes. He's friendly too, though a bit vain. Back in high school, all the girls were after him and I don't think that's changed much. But like me, he doesn't really do serious relationships. Which is why we've been able to keep this casual thing going for as long as we have.

'You look good,' he greets me when he opens the door of his apartment.

'Thanks,' I smile. 'You too.'

When I step in, he greets me with a kiss that sends butterflies through my stomach. I don't miss him when I don't see him. But it always feels good to catch up.

'You want something to drink?' he asks when our lips part again. I nod and walk further into his apartment. It's a nice place, about 4 times bigger than Mel's apartment. Calvin's parents are one of the richest people in town. They own like half the buildings, earning them a shit-ton of money on rent. Calvin usually gets anything he needs from them, which made him uninterested to ever really pursue anything. He supposedly works for his parents, but from what I've seen, he spends most of his days doing whatever he wants.

'So how's med school?' he asks, walking over to his fridge. He turns back to look at me when he opens it. 'Wine?'

Usually, I probably wouldn't say no to a glass of wine, even if it is the middle of the day. But the promise I made Dan rings through my mind. He probably wouldn't find out anyway, but I guess some stupid, small part of me doesn't want to disappoint him.