Party

I never really listened to K-pop, I understood the hype though, I mean BTS is hot as hell don't get me wrong, but I just wasn't that interested in it. 

Even though I can speak Korean fluently -thanks to my Korean neighbors I spent a lot of time with growing up... I felt like I had to be one of the cool girls and not listen to it because it was embarrassing. 

"PARTAYYY!" I looked at my friend Dae. She could be a little wild when she drinks, and then there's me, the calm drunk. I said, "Dae, you're giving me a headache."

 I moved here for college and she was the one who gave me the tour, we've been friends ever since. We had a three-person friend group, but something happened and he hasn't talked to us since. 

I live in America now, and she lives in Korea. 

Now I'm a professional songwriter/producer best known for writing for big-name artists, and Dae is a choreographer best known for her K-pop dances. 

I was in Korea because I wanted to visit Dae, she wanted to party, and that's how we ended up in this club filled to the brim with famous people from all over Korea. 

I wasn't going to try and make friends, I was here to watch her. Dae said, "SLAYYYY!" She poured the alcohol on her face and shook her head. "AH! SO TASTY!" 

I grabbed her up and walked her to the table. I patted her face careful not to ruin her makeup. "Dae, drink some water, you have work tomorrow." Her eyes lit up, "And I get to see my pookie!" 

She has a crush on her boss. He's young and single, so I allow it. 

"Yes, but we don't wanna be a train wreck when we see our pookie right?" I heard a laugh behind me. He looked familiar. 

The man said in English, "Is Dae alright?" I said, "Aha... Chan, right?" He nodded, "Yeah, do you not remember me? I worked with you on our last album." I thought for a moment, "AH! Comflex!" He nodded, "Yes!" 

The conversation got awkward, I'm not good at first impressions. 

"Well uhm... did you like the songs?" He laughed, "Yes L/N." I cringed, "Just call me Y/N please."

He nodded and asked, "Has anyone ever told you you have an older way of speaking?" I laughed, "I mean when you learn it from older people..." I shrugged. 

Bang Chan said, "I know Dae, so if you need help, I got you." I nodded and watched him walk away. 

He's a good guy, but I'm not one to ask for help. 

I lifted her up and she confessed, "Y/N..." 

I turned to her, "Hm?" 

"I think I'm gonna throw up." 

Oh god. 

I carefully put her down and looked for a trash can so she could throw up in it. I pulled back her box braids and looked in the distance. Some glances here and there but nobody was really paying attention. 

Another man walked past me, "Hey is Dae alright?" 

Does everyone know Dae?!

I said, "She's drunk." 

He asked, "Are you taking her home? You're not drunk right?" 

"Tipsy at most. I knew she'd do this." 

He paused and carefully inspected the both of us, "Do you need help carrying her to your car?" 

I was going to say no but Dae said, "YES! Y/N is a weakling." I turned to her and said in English, "I'd hit you if you weren't drunk."

The man carried Dae to the car, I watched where he had his hands the whole time. 

I don't know this man but if he tries something, I'll go to jail tonight. 

I said, "This is my car right here." He said, "Alright." I opened the door and he carefully placed her in. 

I leaned in to buckle her seatbelt and Dae grabbed me, "Hey, that's S coups from SEVENTEEN. Remember? I said you'd too would be hot together." My face heated up. 

Praise Jesus for making me black. 

I turned around quickly, "Please ignore her delusions." He laughed, "I get it, she's drunk." 

He stuck his hand out, "S coups, as you now know, but you can call me Seungcheol." 

I said, "Ah, hello. How old are you?" 

"28. You?" 

"25..." 

He scanned me, his dark eyes made me feel like he was looking at every part of my body with lust. "You're Korean, where'd you learn it from?" 

I sighed having to explain again, "My neighbors, I'm from America." He asked, "Ah, my member Joshua is from California." 

I laughed, "I'm from New York babes." He blushed at the nickname. I smiled, "Yeah, well I gotta get my girl home for work tomorrow before she throws up in my car." 

He looked infatuated with me. It felt good, to be fawned over. I knew I was curvy, and my skin color was a rarity in Korea, but I didn't want to be an exotic fruit Seungcheol found in the jungle. 

I got in my car and he ran up to the window, "Hey, you produced for Ariana Grande right?" I nodded not liking to brag about her. "Would it be cool if I asked you to help produce for SEVENTEEN?" 

I said, "Well, talk to my manager about it?" 

He laughed, "Could I get your number instead? I don't want anything to be miscommunicated." 

"Ah, well let's not miscommunicate then... this is just a business transaction. I don't need your super fans trying to kill me." 

He raised his eyebrow, "Carat's aren't like that. They don't care about silly things like that." 

Internally I was screaming, this hot man wanted my number. But I had to be cool about it.

UGH THAT RAISED EYEBROW! PUT IT DOWN! PUT IT DOWN! 

I looked in the back to see Dae had fallen asleep. "Alright, this is my number." I gave him my card and he looked at it. "See ya!" 

I drove off to Dae's house.